Alaska Babies
Options

Any book recommendations?

If we're ever going to convince the nest gods to give us our own board, we're gonna' have to get more traffic...

I am planning to read "Attached at the Heart".  I'd love to hear about other good AP books to add to my library.

Thanks! 

Re: Any book recommendations?

• Options

I actually didn't read too many AP books.  I got the big purple Baby Book by Dr Sears as a shower gift.  Most of it was really useful.

We mostly just followed our intuition which ended up being very AP-ish.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options

The book is not necessarily AP... but I read "The No Cry Sleep Solution" which was written by a woman who breastfeeds and co sleeps and is very pro AP. A lot of the book is common sense, but I found some helpful ideas on getting DS to sleep better/for longer stretches.

I am also looking forward to reading "Attached at the Heart".

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDaniel's Mama:

The book is not necessarily AP... but I read "The No Cry Sleep Solution" which was written by a woman who breastfeeds and co sleeps and is very pro AP. A lot of the book is common sense, but I found some helpful ideas on getting DS to sleep better/for longer stretches.

I loved the NCSS.  It was completely compatible with BFing and AP.  It also worked pretty well and was easy.  Instead of waking 3 times a night or so, DS just wakes once to nurse now, most of the time.  Which I can totally handle.

I'll check out Attached at the Heart, too.

• Options
    I'm reading The Attachment Parenting Book by Dr. Sears right now.  I'll be adding the other books mentioned to my reserve list at the library. :)
  • Options
    mr+msmr+ms member
    imageDaniel's Mama:

I am also looking forward to reading "Attached at the Heart".

I think I am going to read this book. I hope it helps! I don't mind one or two wakings during the night to have a snack or come to our bed in the morning, but we have some real issues getting sleep going on at night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"