Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How many words is/was your 14 month old saying?

DS isnt saying a whole lot.

And some of what he says, I know what it is but it isnt super clear.

He's really good with Mama, Dada, Papaw, Nana, buh bye and can sign more and all done. And kinda when he wants to says, cat, car, dog,...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How many words is/was your 14 month old saying?

• Options

That sounds about where Alaina is at :) She says mama, dada, dog, cat, shh!, hi, and hat. She signs mommy, daddy, all done, cat, dog, elephant, milk. She *understands* about a dozen other signs (but doesn't yet reciprocate) and countless other words/phrases though.

• Options

14 months he had 2 or 3 words

15 months he had 5-7 words

18 months he has 40 words

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS just turned 14 months and is saying: 

mama, dada (neither one are consistent though), uh oh (all the time!), Thank you, hello (isn't very clear), and possibly: ball, down, "welcome" (for you're welcome)

So strange that my kid isn't picking nouns...

• Options
    DS can say mom, da, hi, bye, uh oh, dog, kitty (titty...LOL), banana (nananana), ball, and Aiden (my nephew that I watch during the week). 
    imageimageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS says baba (for me, my mom (its grandma in russian) and DH), he says "baaa" for sheep, "af" for dog, "buh-bye" and a couple of other things I can't remember right now. For some reason he wont say "mama" I think he's having a hard time w/ the 'm' sound. I'm not worried though as he seems to understand a lot. He brings me stuff (ball, bear, slippers, cup etc) if I ask.

• Options

Good grief, my nearly 15mo old doesn't say nearly as many words as all of your kids lol.

She says mama (somewhat randomly, at pictures of me, and when she wants something), says ball (or "ba"), says bottle (ba-ba), and wussat (what's that). Sometimes bye-bye/uh-oh, but she might just be mimicing.

She talks in her own baby language all day, but doesn't have a ton of really definable, clear words. 

• Options
    KGskyKGsky member
    DD had a pretty extensive vocab at 14 months, but you should listen really closely.  Because they're still testing these new sounds out, many things can "sound" like something they've been saying when it's actually something else.  They probably are trying to say more than you actually are making out.  And as they get better, the words are going to become more clear. I think that's why they can go from 15 or so words to 40 within a month or two.  GL!
  • Options

My DD really doesn't tall.  She doesn't babble that much and says Mama and "ook" for book occasionally.  Today she finally said Dada.  That being said, she does a lot of signing: eat, drink, milk, cracker, banana, all done, more, diaper, baby.  She understands and can follow directions.  In fact tonight I said, "Bring mama the remote" and she stopped playing to bring me the remote...lol. I hope she does start talking more. I'm minorly concerned.  Although, DH keeps saying that I can't discredit her signing vocabulary.  I'll find out more at her 15 month in a few weeks.

• Options
    Mama, Mommy, Dada, daddy, puppy, baby, T (what we call our dog Teva), Meme, Papa, uh hunh, hi, ducky, bobby, baba, cheese, pretty, happy. But I agree with PP, I had to listen very closely to figure out that "ducky" was not "daddy", it actually took until she pointed at the duck for me to get what she was saying.
  • Options
    Our almost (in 9 days) 14 month old is saying: mama, dada, my (and he will say DADA most of the time but does say mama or papa or whatever after the my...so "My Dada"), papa, nana, pup pup (for dog), meow (for kitty), woof, shhh!, shu up (yes...shut up), no, yes, hi, buh bye, up, close, open, peas (for please), tank you (thank you), uh oh, ouch, oh!, car, santa, duck...hes been into putting words together lately (my dada, up mama, etc.)
  • Options

Okay, wow.  Now I'm a little concerned.  DS says mama sometimes but not consistently.  He says "uh" when he wants up.  And that's about it!  He babbles all the time but I don't hear any words and he doesn't seem to try to label anything.  He just points to things and looks to me to label it, then he moves on.

On the flip side, we've realized that he pretty much understands everything!  He points to everyone we name (including himself), follows 2 step directions (e.g. go get Brown Bear and give it to daddy), and can point to nose, ears, eyes, hair, mouth, shoes, etc.

Hmm.  I'll try not to worry...yet.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMustang Sally:

Okay, wow.  Now I'm a little concerned.  DS says mama sometimes but not consistently.  He says "uh" when he wants up.  And that's about it!  He babbles all the time but I don't hear any words and he doesn't seem to try to label anything.  He just points to things and looks to me to label it, then he moves on.

On the flip side, we've realized that he pretty much understands everything!  He points to everyone we name (including himself), follows 2 step directions (e.g. go get Brown Bear and give it to daddy), and can point to nose, ears, eyes, hair, mouth, shoes, etc.

Hmm.  I'll try not to worry...yet.   

My son only says Dada/Daddy and "uh" for up, too.  I was getting very discouraged reading the other posts until I saw this.  He can also point and follow directions, as well as sign 5 things.  I'm really impressed with all your babies!

Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DS understands a ton of what we say to him, but he hasn't said any words that we can understand lol! He mimicks the number of syllables of some words like 'cracker', and consistently uses the same sounds when he talks about certain things, and he is very vocal, just not in English....
  • Options
    DS only says mama and dada.  No worries here though...he does everything on his own schedule...I learned that when he decided to be born at 34 weeks ;-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"