Illinois Babies
Options

Bucktown mom groups

I have a month-old daughter and recently relocated to Chicago from New York. I am looking for other moms in the neighborhood to go the park and maybe have an occasional kid free glass of wine...

anyone know of any mom's groups in Bucktown or wicker park?

Re: Bucktown mom groups

• Options

no, but I am 24 wks, not working, and thinking the same thing...I'd love walking or lunch buddies for now, park buddies one day, etc...anyone else interested, send me a message or post a way to reach you and maybe we could start something!

• Options
    i'm way behind you guys - 17 wks - but moved from colorado about 2 years ago and living in bucktown...would be up for meeting up to walk/exercise or whatever too.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Im behind as well, only 11 weeks along but live in Wicker Park and would love to get together. I dont have any other pregnant/mommy friends in Chicago so it would be nice to meet some new people!

Lindsay

• Options
    You should join npnparents.org- there are quite a few moms (and moms-to-be) in Bucktown.  They even have playgroups.
  • Options
    I just joined this newly created group - look on meetup.com search for bucktown babies.  It's for wicker park/bucktown/ukrainian village.  I haven't been to anything yet, but looks promising!
  • Options
    I am also behind you guys and am 11 weeks and live in Wicker Park. I also am looking for some first time mom friends! Have you guys started a group?
  • Options
    I'm the furthest behind of all -- only 9 weeks but would love to be a part of the group as well. It sounds like there's a lot of us out there who would love to get together! Keep me posted.
  • Options

the npn site is $40/year and you are required to volunteer.  Not such a bad deal if you know you are going to use it and what you'll get from it.  But if you are considering joining off the bat, just keep that in mind.  If anyone has more info about that group, let us know! 

The meetup.com site is where I'll be headed- thanks for the tip!!

• Options
    Hmmm- I've been a part of NPN for over a year and never been "required" to volunteer.  I love that site anyway.  I just got a TON of baby gear for my sister (swing, 2 bouncers, bebepod and nursing stool) for $70 total.  I've also helped a friend get a free breastpump and a cheaper jogging stroller.  It's been my go-to resource for the last year and a half (other than the bump- but I find it more useful).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"