Missouri Babies

Has motherhood...

Has motherhood changed your perspective on yourself? Although just a few weeks pregnant, I am finding it very crazy that I am going to be a mom. It is just weird to think of myself in that way. Did anyone else have any challenges transitioning into being a mom?
Check out my blog darlingbean.blogspot.com

Re: Has motherhood...

• First off, congrats on your pregnancy! 

I still look at my girls and I cannot believe they are mine. Today while I was driving, I starting thinking about the day we found out I was pregnant with twins. I felt all the shock and excitement all over again. Motherhood will change you in ways you never knew was possible. It is crazy, stressful, busy, but the most wonderful thing you will ever know! 

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I totally agree with Mel.  My son is quite a bit older and there are times I still look at him with amazement.  Being a mom is probably the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is also the best thing I have ever done.  Enjoy everything because it will go fast!
  • Loading the player...
  • Jen748Jen748 member

Yes and No...I never knew I could love something this much, I never knew I would fall so much more in love with my husband. No it hasn't changed my perspective in that we knew we wanted a family so we have been making life choices with that in mind.

The Mom thing is so cool and weird at the same time! I wasn't sure what to expect in how I would change but it is one of the best things ever!

• I was never one of those people who always said, "I want to be a mom" or "I can't wait to be a mom."  So when baby fever crept up on me it was quite surprising.  I tried to make it go away but it just wouldn't.  And when I found out DH was ready to be a daddy it made it a lot easier.

Sometimes it is still strange to think of myself as a mother.  I feel like it has changed me in so many ways.  I'm generally happier overall.  It has brought DH and I closer and strengthened our love for one another.  It has definitely taught me that nothing else has greater importance than my family.  So when I'm having a bad day I just look at a picture of my son and all the other small stuff disappears.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"