Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Baby names are going to be the death of me.....

For reals! Why is it that every freaking name both my DH and myself like seem to be so dang popular all of a sudden??? I want to make a decision soon so I can stop referring to the baby as baby and give him a name, but jeesh, I just don't like that many boy names. Plus, I want it to sound good with Hudson and not sound too baby-ish AND of course it must sound good with our last name. Nothing too rhymey or anything like that unless I want my child's name to sound like a wrestler or something, lol!

It was NOT this difficult last time and now I am stumbling over finding another boy name I love. Sad

Re: Baby names are going to be the death of me.....

• Options
    What names are you considering??  Since I am only about 12 weeks we aren't really discussing names yet...although I do have some that I like.  My husband is hard to please when it comes to names.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh no! I already have names picked out. We actually had them picked out right after G was born. LOL!! Dh picked out the boy name and I picked the girl name. What names do you have in mind? Btw I love the name Hudson. We are using it for a middle name if we have a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt the same way when I was pg.  After a few days I would hate a name that I swore I loved. 
  • Options

Coming up with names was really hard for us as well. We never did finalize a name until we actually saw him.  We just could not agree and nothing seemed to stick.  We just called him Baby Coach the entire pg.

I agree boys names are so much harder to find. 

• Options

Good luck! 

We can't have a boy b/c the only name we could agree on was Charles (Charlie) and that is the masculine form of Caroline. I know next to no one knows that, but I would, and it would bug me.

• Options
    We've had a boy name picked out forever. It was the girl name that we couldn't decide on. Of course, I eventually won with my choice! Our dd's name is one of those "popular right now" names, but I don't care. I've loved it since I came up with it (before she was even conceived!). My name was really popular when I was born, and it didn't screw me up!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH was difficult with agreeing with names I liked too! I thought of DD's name and he liked it, so it worked out. Her name also has part of both our names in it too, so that was pretty cool to me. We've already got a couple of names we agree on for the next one.
  • Options

So that I don't have this same problem, I've got a baby names list going for when we conceive the next time haha... sure, that's 3 years away or so, but hey... you can never be too prepared ;)

Tell us some names and maybe we can help!

• Options
    See, here's the thing, I have a list of names I like, but a vast majority of them are super popular now and sure, that's not the end of the world, but I am one that doesn't like the idea of calling out my child's name somewhere and 5 other kids come running, lol! I don't necessarily like crazy, unique names either, but just prefer not overly-trendy or super popular names overall. Just a personal preference or hang-up of mine I guess, but maybe I will have to get over it a little in this case. Then there is a bit of the dilemma of me and my DH not completely agreeing on names in some cases too.....it's just frustrating because I want the name to be obviously perfect for him and not something we just settle on, ya know?
  • Options
    It took us about 7 weeks to finally agree on a first name.  I found out a few days ago and a friend of ours will name hers the same if she has a boy.  I am not even going to tell my husband that.  I can't go another 7 weeks.  We finally decided on Wyatt.  Luckily I am due first.  Smile
  • Options

DH and I decided we wanted a Scottish name, so found a bunch we liked - most with the "K" sound...I've always liked it, maybe I'm odd? took the list to the hospital and finally named DS 1.5 hours after he was born. 

I had one that wasn't Scottish - I was actually pretty set on the name Christopher, but DH wouldn't agree to it. When I looked at DS, I didn't have that moment where I knew his name. However, I did look at him and say, "you are definitely NOT a Christopher."

• Options

imagechar-char:
    See, here's the thing, I have a list of names I like, but a vast majority of them are super popular now and sure, that's not the end of the world, but I am one that doesn't like the idea of calling out my child's name somewhere and 5 other kids come running, lol! I don't necessarily like crazy, unique names either, but just prefer not overly-trendy or super popular names overall. Just a personal preference or hang-up of mine I guess, but maybe I will have to get over it a little in this case. Then there is a bit of the dilemma of me and my DH not completely agreeing on names in some cases too.....it's just frustrating because I want the name to be obviously perfect for him and not something we just settle on, ya know?

this is exactly how i feel.  we are having such a hard time deciding on a name for our baby girl.  i feel like boy's names are so much easier but i'm sure that's b/c we are trying to pick girls names right now Stick out tongue

• Options
    I always thought we'd know right away, but it didn't happen that easily.  It will come to you!  
  • Options
    We had the hardest time as well...I think it's just very difficult to come up with a second boy or girl name!  I looked through the entire baby name book 3 times and could not think of ANYTHING!  I, like you, did not want a super common name b/c I work for a Pediatrician and hated it when I would call a name a two people would come to the door!!  So...we finally decided on a name we both agreed on...it's not a "I am in love with this name" name, but I do like it and I think it will stick once he's here!  Best of luck! 
  • Options

you've got my sympathies! it's the best worst problem ever.

my DH was adamant that we not tell people ANY of the names on our lists. he was sure we'd get jinxed and they'd get used by friends or family before we had a chance to stake our claim. it does seem like all the unusual names we've always loved are now just absolutely everywhere.

good luck!

• Options

I knew exactly what I was going to name mine as soon as I found out!! I'll be 14 wks on tuesday.

Are you looking for H names? I think Holden, Hayden, & Hunter are adorable boy names.

• Options

imagejfarmer27:
    I always thought we'd know right away, but it didn't happen that easily.  It will come to you!  

Harper is so cute!! I would have never thought of naming a girl that.

• Options
    Boy names are hard.  I wanted a name early on but we weren't 100% sure until I was probably 34 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"