LGBT Parenting

PNV/supplement question/poll

Two days till my beta and I am definitely getting antsy. So, to try to pass the time, two questions for you...

1. How much folate and/or folic acid does your prenatal vitamin have?

2. Do you take any other supplements as part of your pcp/ttc regimen?

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: PNV/supplement question/poll

• 1) It has 800mcg of folic acid

2) I have DHA supplements, but I don't take them the entire cycle (because they are just too expensive), only during the 2ww and then if I get a positive beta.

ETA: DHA supplement is Expecta Lipil DHA non-fish source

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, I guess I should answer too, huh? Smile

1. I take New Chapter's "Perfect Prenatal," which has 800 mcg of folate. While I like the "whole food" approach for vitamins in general, I am wondering if I should add a folic acid supplement. I only recently learned that the body absorbes the synthetic version (folic acid) better than the natural version (folate), and now I'm worried I'm not getting enough.

2. I can't remember the brand to look up the doseage, but I also take a non-fish-oil-based DHA supplement once a day.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • I took the Target brand PNV (I think they have 800mcg.)

My accupuncturist also had me taking Iron and B12

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DW takes the Target brand - 800mcg of folic acid with no supplements. Although we've been considering a DHA and will likely add those to the regiment soon.
  • TWB- better safe than sorry in this case.  I would add the folic acid.
  • I was taking Nature Made Prenatals which have 800mcg of Folic Acid, but recently switched to Thorne (a brand my acu/herbalist likes due to the quality of ingredients) and they have 1000mcg of Folate from two sources. Now I'm curious about the difference between Folic Acid and Folate and need to make sure I have enough of the correct one!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"