Boston Babies

Winchester Hospital delivery?

I am wondering if anyone delivered at Winchester Hospital? I live in Stoneham and thinking I may look into this location....anyone have any experience with this hospital?

Re: Winchester Hospital delivery?

• My sister in law and her sister in law both delivered there and had good experiences.

This is just personal opinion, but the nurses really encouraged my SIL to keep her baby in bed with her at night (not in the bassinet).  She's now 2 1/2 and still sleeps in bed with them so I personally think that was not really appropriate for the nurses to encourage.  But again, some people want that.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thank you...I will have to call around to a few docs within Winchester and see who may be a good fit. They also offer a tour on Tuesday nights -that will be a must!! Glad to hear two positive responses so far! Big Smile  Have a good one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you looked at Melrose Wakefield? I delivered there and really liked it.  A friend of mine went to Winchester and she really liked that hospital as well. 

• Have you looked at Melrose Wakefield? I delivered there and really liked it.

I have not looked at Melrose Wakefield...I should really. I was thinking Winchester since it is about a mile from the house....and I am not a fan of winter weather and driving in it....the convenience factor was important to me with a Feb delivery date.... Smile

Do you happen to know which doc your friend used at Winchester?  We also just found out this morning we are having twins....YIKES!

I will look into MW though as well....worth a shot! Thanks for your reply!

• Have you looked at Melrose Wakefield? I delivered there and really liked it.

I have not looked at Melrose Wakefield...I should really. I was thinking Winchester since it is about a mile from the house....and I am not a fan of winter weather and driving in it....the convenience factor was important to me with a Feb delivery date.... Smile

Do you happen to know which doc your friend used at Winchester?  We also just found out this morning we are having twins....YIKES!

I will look into MW though as well....worth a shot! Thanks for your reply!

• I am delivering at Winchester. My doctor purposely moved her deliveries there (even though it is much further for her) because it is a better hospital and has a Level 2 Nursery.  I just took a tour the other night, and it seems nice. I have a friend who delivered there, and she's going back again, so it can't be that bad.
  • Xenayes99 - I am glad to hear you liked the tour....I think we are going to try to do the tour this coming Tuesday....I was talking with a girlfriend today who delivered both her girls at Beth Israel - and she is the first to admit she is a hospital snob and doesnt understand why I wouldnt want to go into the city....well quite honestly, b/c I am a nervous nelly - and being due Feb (possilby Jan -with twins) I HATE the idea of dealing with city traffic and winter driving towards the end of my pregnancy - YUCK! I am a wheeney really....so therefore Winchester is 1.2 miles from home....SO convenient! However...being high risk I may have to be transferred to BI anyways, but will find out more when I meet with the BI HighRisk doc who consults through Winchester.

When are you due?

• I was high risk and delivered at Winchester.  My daughter was in the NICU (special care nursery there) and everything was great.  The nursery is staffed with doctor's from Children's hospital, so you have the "city" hospital, without having to go into the city. 
  • They encourage having the baby in the room with you at the hospital, but I have never heard of them encouraging you to have the baby in bed with you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"