New York Babies

Babysitter recommendations in Brooklyn

Looking for a good babysitter for my toddler.  Any reccommendations?

Re: Babysitter recommendations in Brooklyn

• Hi,

Don't know if you've had any luck yet, but I wanted to recommend my son's nanny.  Unfortunately, we have to say good-bye to her at the end of the month because my son is starting daycare on August 3rd.

Below is a copy of the "ad" I placed on our local parents' group message board..  If you'd like to speak with our  nanny, please send me an email (mayanstar21@hotmail.com) and I'll get you her cel. phone number.

By the way, we're just up the hill from you in Brooklyn Heights, so our nanny definitely knows this area of Brooklyn.

"Looking for a responsible, hard-working, flexible, active, wonderful, loving, (i.e. PERFECT) nanny? Then, look no further. We are very sad to be saying good-bye to Perla who has cared for our son since he was 6 months old... but our loss is your gain.

Perla will be available for FT work beginning August 3rd, as my son is starting daycare then. I know it is the right time to enter daycare, but I am torn because Cy ADORES Perla. His face lights up when he hears her arrive in the morning and on Sundays, when I tell him that Perla is coming tomorrow, he looks to the front door in anticipation.

I work from home the majority of the time, so I know how active and engaged Perla is with Cy. I hear him laughing constantly. Now that the weather is finally nice, Perla is great about getting Cy out of the house. They go to the library at least once a week and she always comes back with a batch of new books. She also takes him to the park or just for walks around the neighborhood in search of dogs, trucks or just the local fire station. Cy is just beginning to walk and talk, and Perla has played a huge role in him reaching these milestones. And, since Perla's first language is Spanish, Cy has even been picking up some Spanish. (He started saying "Vamos!" today because he wanted to go outside with her to look for trucks!) She's great about taking him to his scheduled activities as well, such as Music Together and The Little Gym. Finally, Perla is a huge help to me too-- doing a load of Cy's laundry and diaper laundry each week. When we started solids, she helped make and freeze purees for Cy. Honestly, I think she'd do even more around the house if I asked.

She is always on time, usually arrives 15 minutes early even... and she's always been available to stay later if we need her to. She has also done evening and weekend babysitting for us when we needed it. In addition, we paid for her to take an infant and child CPR class in Jan of this year, so she's had some recent training in these emergency procedures.

I could go on and on about how she has stuck to Cy's nap and feeding schedule, how she calls to check on him when he is sick, sends me pictures of their activities from her cel. phone, etc... but what it really comes down to is that Perla makes my son happy. I know that he is content and well cared for when he is with her.

Perla is from Paraguay and Spanish is her native language. However, I've had no trouble communicating with her and I love that she is teaching my son some Spanish.

Please feel free to call me or email me if you want to talk more about Perla. Again, she will be available for FT work starting August 3rd"

Cy (04.02.2008) & June (10.05.2010) 
  • Wow, she sounds perfect!  I'm looking for someone occasionally though, not full time.  Do you think she would be interested????
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry... just saw this.  Unfortunately, our nanny is looking for FT work.  But you should check out the local Yahoo Parent Groups... people are always referring their babysitters/nannies/etc.
    Cy (04.02.2008) & June (10.05.2010) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"