Parenting

clicky poll: what kind of onions to put on hotdogs

.[Poll]
Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!

Re: clicky poll: what kind of onions to put on hotdogs

• You need a "none" option? ;) I don't like onions.
  • I second the none option.  Ick!  It just doesn't sound good on hotdogs. 

If i had to choose...red onion because I do like them on my salad at OutBack.

Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'ma "none" girl myself.
  • I'm a none girl but when cooking, I prefer vidalias.
  • neither - yellow or white.  vidalias are too sweet, red are too.. salady LOL
  • I agree with Kori.  Nether of those would be good on a hotdog.  Yellow or white is the way to go.
  • This is what a famous Chgo hot dog will size up to, mustard, relish, and sweet onions, like a Vidalia, and sport peppers, if you like them & a dash of celery salt.  No ketchup, though.

• DimplzDimplz member
    I voted for vidalia but I'd rather have yellow or white onion on hotdogs.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagewifey11803:

This is what a famous Chgo hot dog will size up to, mustard, relish, and sweet onions, like a Vidalia, and sport peppers, if you like them & a dash of celery salt.  No ketchup, though.

You're missing some ingrediants.  I just served Chicago style dogs to a bunch of guys we had working at our house this past weekend.  I had to look it up on the Irving's webite to double check it.

A Chicago style dog:

skinny all beef hotdog on a steamed poppy seed bun.

top with

wedge ofa new dill pickle, tomato slices, chopped white onion, sweet relish, sport peppers, yellow mustard and a dash of celery salt.

• You need an "other" option.  I like onions on my hotdogs but not red or vadalia because they are sweet.  I just get either the smaller yellow oinions or smaller white (not sweet) onions to put on hotdogs.

I do love vadalia on my hamburgers though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"