Upstate NY Babies

Swelling

For those that had a lot of swelling during their pregnancy... how long did it take for it to go away after you had your baby? My baby is almost 2 weeks old and the swelling went down a ton but I still can't fit into my shoes or wear my rings!!

Re: Swelling

• I'd say 2 weeks was where things started to get better. That was when I started to get ankles again =)
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i feel like i lost most of my swelling in the first week.. but it took forever.. like maybe a month or more before i could get my rings on and they still are tighter than they were
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • 10 days I could finally wear something other than crocs.  drink lots of water it really does help
  • wendyjwendyj member
    I had problems getting rid of my water at first and needed to be on lasex to get rid of the bulk of it (45+ lbs or so). Once that was gone, shoes weren't a problems, but it took about 3-4 weeks before I was comfortable wearing my rings.
  • Did you have IV fluids?  I swelled a ton during my pg with Tyler, then also had IV fluids, it was at least a month before I dropped most of the water.  This time around, I swelled only a bit during pg.  But I had a c-sec so I had lots of IV fluids.  Around day 3-4, I started to blow up like a balloon from the IV fluids.  I actually weighed the same when I got home from the hospital as I did going in, even after having an 8lb+ baby!  Right now, at day 11, I have dropped a lot of the water, but far from all of it.  I can just now fit into some of my shoes.  I am thinking at least another week to shed the water.
  • 2-4 weeks before my body felt less swollen.  6-7 months before my rings fit again!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Mine lasted about a week, my rings don't quite fit yet though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"