Illinois Babies

Anyone delivering or has delivered at ST. JOSEPH'S?

My whole pregnancy I've been planning on delivering at Northwestern, but 2 weeks ago at my 34 week appointment my ob told me that since two of the other docs are going on vacation close to my due date, if I'm late or around my due date then I have to go to St Joe's. I went for a tour and I didn't like it as much as NW and I just didn't feel as comfortable there, so if anyone has had an experience there please let me know. I'm feeling a little stressed out about this since she told me so late in my pregnancy and I can't change docs. since I'm already 36 weeks.?

Re: Anyone delivering or has delivered at ST. JOSEPH'S?

• you can still go to NW you will just get the doc on call but honestly NW is sooo busy you may be better off delivering at the smaller hospital. my girlfriend just delivered at NW and did not get into a labor room until she was 8 cm and then they rushed her to postpartum and she ended up with some issues.....NW is a great hospital but I know they have been packed lately and that is not the best enviroment to be in when you are trying to have a calm birthing experience. just something to think about.

I have not personally had experince there but there was some talk on this board a few months ago about this I think. I work in the maternal child field and have heard good things about st. joes if that helps

good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"