Los Angeles Babies

Ventura County Moms-to-Be

Hi Ladies,

I don't think I've posted on the knot/nest/bump boards since my wedding in 2004!  I just found that the bump has local boards and thought I'd try to connect with some moms-to-be in my area.  I have a 2 year old son and am pregnant with #2 (a girl) due in June.  We moved to the Ventura area about a year ago. 

Katie

Re: Ventura County Moms-to-Be

• I live in Simi Valley and am due with my first at the end of August. Where abouts are you? I have actually been looking for a local maternity yoga class and can't seem to find anything, do you by chance know of any places? I really would like to find a Saturday class since I work full time but no luck yet. Congrats on expecting a little girl!
  • Hi,

I am in North Oxnard.  I was able to take a prenatal yoga class through the local hospital, but it took me a long time to find one!

• Loading the player...
  • I just found out I am six weeks along. I'm originally from Santa Barbara, but now in Ventura...
  • hey girls - I live in Camarillo and am having trouble finding a diaper service ... any recommendations?? I'm expecting my first in July :)
  • I also live in Ventura, i just had my 1st child, he is now 6 mos old. If anyone is interested in prenatal yoga in the city of Ventura, Community Memorial Hosptial offers them ;0)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just moved to Camarillo.  Just found out I'm 5 wks. along.  I didn't have an OB/GYN in the area, so I just had to pick one blindly.  I'm going to be seeing Dr. Jodi Ferro.  Has anyone been to her or heard anything? 
  • I live in Camarillo and I'm 18 weeks right now. I havent heard of that OBGYN I go to a place called The Womens Place. Theyre right across the street from the hospital and I love it there! Theres 2 nurse midwifes and 1 dr theyre all great you see all 3 throughout your care and then one of them delivers you so you get to be comfortable with all of them and know all of them. Theyre office makes me feel really comfortable and you can tell they all get along well and have fun in the office as well.

If anyone in or around the Camarillo area would like to get together let me know! This is my first and I'm feeling kind of lonely and would like to experience this with someone who knows what I'm going through too!

• Is it near the Pleasant Valley St. John's Hospital?  We literally live around the corner from there, so I'm figuring that's where I'll have the baby.  That's why I picked Dr. Ferro, she's associated w/ the hospital.  I'll check out where you're speaking of.  Thanks for the lead!
  • Congratulations!!

I'm relatively new to Camarillo too.  I haven't heard of Dr. Ferro but I go to Dr. Carter at Channel Islands OB-GYN which is across the street from St John's Pleasant Valley.  I've been happy with him so far.  My experience is that (male) OB's lack much bedside manner Tongue Tied I figure I'm okay with that as long as they're good at what they do!

• I am in Camarillo but see Dr Block in Thousand Oaks- he delivers at Las Robles. I really like him so far.

I just started a Pilates class at Camarillo Pilates. It isn't necessarily prenatal but they are great at making sure I do everything safely. I also swim at PV Pool once or twice a week.

• Awww...there are so many girls in Camarillo! I used to live in Camarillo, and my parents still do. We're going to have dd's 1st birthday at my parents house. I can't wait. I miss So. Cal so much! I'm in Alabama now. :( I just wanted to come over and see if there was anyone in my old neighborhood. Congratulations to all you ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"