Upstate NY Babies

The F word

Just gave Justin... Formula. I mixed it with some frozen BM but I'm thinking of weaning =(

This may be a little TMI for the regular upstate board but since this is our mommy board, I'll elaborate. Last month I thought for sure I was pg b/c my nips hurt soooo so bad. Like toe curling pain when he would latch on. Nope, just my 1st pp AF. My personal experience with BF with PMS has been EXCRUCIATING pain. Add that to Justin's teething neediness- wanting to nurse every 2 hours. Add that to a newfound love of biting. I think it's just too much. I don't want to wean him totally while he's teething but I'm gonna start giving him a bottle from the freezer stash every other feeding. My nips r ON fire.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: The F word

• Sorry you are dealing with this..That does NOT sound like fun..Eve has started to discover biting too but thankfully for me she doesn't have teeth yet! Good for you for keeping it up this long even with all the pain!

I am thinking of weaning too... but for different reasons. My supply is craptastic.. Eve is ALWAYS hungry. She STILL nurses every 2 hours (sometimes more often) consistently.. and she cries when she is done.. Last night I had to give her an extra bottle just to get her to go to sleep (and she was still up at 3am.. but i got her to go to sleep without nursing).  I was hoping to keep nursing part time, but I'm not sure of the logistics and I feel like my supply would drop even more and i refuse to nurse and give a bottle at every feeding and I also don't want to pump and mix formula and BM in a bottle.. I'm really trying to make it to 6 months, but if my baby is miserable..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I don't blame you at all. I think that outside of "thebump/thenest" world we both went longer than most. Before I was on the baby boards I hardly knew anyone who BF'ed longer than a few weeks. BF'ing is just so much more convenient than bottle though, isn't it? To be a total brat- I dread all the extra dishes, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • YES! I actually posted this on the confessions on the baby boards the other night.. a big part of the reason why I haven't switched already is cuz I don't want to wash all the bottles and I also don't want to deal with the stinkier diapers!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • ...and the cost of formula. Good Lord.
  • The joy of what I have to look forward to...but you both had done a great job sticking with it- sore nips and all...dont feel guilty- happy momma=happy baby!

Good Luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh  melanie I'm sorry.  That doesn't sound like fun at all.  even if you do wean him you went  a long time nursing and obviously did a great job.   i keep debating about trying formula to see if he will sleep through tghe night
  • I think you've done great to have made it this far and shouldn't feel badly about giving formula.  You definitley have some justified reasons- all I can do is say I'm sorry and thank goodness my experience wasn't like that.  

I tried giving G formula too last month- unfortunately it took about a week but it looks like she has a milk allergy/sensitivity.  So that made me feel super duper bad about the whole thing.  I'm still nursing (no longer pumping) as a result but plan to continue weaning soon. 

Maybe it makes me look like a cheap skate but I called my ped's office and asked for free samples- I figure I would have recieved some if I would have started out formula feeding in the begining anyways and they have them to give out.

• Oooh Orangeluck good idea! Not cheap...smart! Thanks!
  • You can also sign up for free samples with all the companies online.. I have a whole lot cuz I got on the mailing lists with one of my m/cs.. and my MIL is on the list too..

Sign up for Enfamil, Similac, Nestle/Gerber (good start) and Walmart also has a sample program. 

It takes awhile though.. I signed up for the walmart one probably close to 6 weeks ago and ONE of them came yesterday, I signed up for two..

I have heard that the formula sample program for pediatricians offices is being discontinued in this area, at least for one of the companies.. My dad knows someone who was an Enfamil rep, I think.. so my sister got all sorts of free formula for her kiddos, but the girl got laid off right before Eve was born because they said they aren't having reps go to the drs offices anymore around here.. So no free formula for us.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"