Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

egg donation..

I was curious if anyone has any experience with egg donation..good or bad. It is something I am recently considering. I have two children of my own. I realize i am very blessed. My best friend and her dh have been trying for 10yrs(on and off) to get pg- she has stopped after carrying her son to 5months and losing him. It has been a very hard process for them. I have offered to carry a baby for her bc she is SO deserving of being a mother..however she is really not ready to have a child after her loss at this point. But it has gotten me to thinking about egg donation. I have found bits and pieces of info online, but would love to know if anyone has done it- how they felt after- to be honest im torn on it. i want to help someone soo badly that like my friend is so deserving but having two children of my own the emotional side can get a little caught up in it. please let me know your experiences.?
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: egg donation..

• Options

This might be a bit of a stretch, but try over on the adoption board.  There was a recent post about embryo adoption which might help point you in the right direction for more resources.

• Options

EmileMadison (she just posted about this on T-TTC is doing this).  Quite a few posters over there as well as SAIF are the recipents on egg donors.

I think it's an amazing gift that you might be willing to help someone have a family. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are a very good friend. :)

I'm also curious on people's experience with this or surrogacy.  I'd love to be a surrogate someday, but I don't think I could be the biological mother.

• Options
    I've been looking in to being a gestational surrogate and looking online, there are a ton of agencies looking for egg donations. I think it's a great thing to do!
  • Options
    The egg donation might be a good way to 'test the waters' on how you really feel before committing to surrogacy for your friend.  I say go for it.My best friend donated her eggs to pay off her cc debt but she's also of a scientific mind-set (she's in the medical field) that the eggs aren't really a child of her and are cell matter.
  • Options

Egg donation is a beautiful thing.  However, you need to realize exactly what you are getting in to first.  Below is a link for an article you should read.

Stanford Egg Donation Article
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"