Two Under 2

Convince me :)

I gots the fever baaaaaad.  My H is on board, he wouldn't have minded Irish twins.  I keep bumping up my original TTC #2 date from next June, to January and now I'm thinking what the heck, let's do it now.  I'm itching to call my OB/GYN to have my IUD taken out ASAP.

I'm actually not worried about having a newborn and 2 year old.  K is about the most independent baby/self-entertainer I've ever seen and I truly loved and reveled in the newborn period.  I'm more worried about having a 1 year old and a 3 year old.  Two toddlers sounds hard and scary!  Would I ever leave my house again- K and I like to go somewhere everyday!  But then I think K and another baby could be best little buddies and it makes me all warm and fuzzy.

So...give me some insight if you can.  What would you do? 

Re: Convince me :)

• We stopped avoiding when DD1 was 6 months.  I didn't get AF until she was 9 mo and got PG when she was 12 mo.  I was due in July and DD would have been 2 in October.  Unfortunately I miscarried.  I got pregant again 3 months later and had Taylor.  My girls are 26 months, 1 week apart.  I did not get AF this time until DD2 was 14 mo, when I weened her.  I got PG the 1st cycle and miscarried again.  I was due in November and she'll be 2 in December.  So...  I am hoping to get PG soon - this month would make 27 mo apart.

For me, I always thought closer was good, so I'd go for it if I were you!  Sorry if this was TMI or too long!

ETA:  The girls are great buddies now.  DD1 was a great helper in those early months.  Now that DD2 is STTN (didn't until she was 14 mo), life is easier - but busier.  My 2nd follows and attempts everything her sister does.

• For us, we know it will be harder at the beginning having them close together but we figure we'd like to come out of it all on the other end that much sooner so we can get on with family vacations, activities, and SLEEP without always having a baby in the mix! Plus I am not old by today's standards, but older (I'm almost 31, my DH almost 32) so we'd still like to be young when the kids are older.

• Loading the player...
  • Go for it!  We are ttc this WEEK!!!  I thought it through and decided that I'd much rather get the baby stage out of the way so we can enjoy being a family that goes places instead of having to leave a baby behind or not go because of a baby.  Plus, I don't want my ds to ever feel replaced so the sooner the better so he'll never get the chance to feel that way.  I'm so excited and a lot of mommies on here are great influences!  They really show how exciting it is to have 2 so close in age.  Yea, there will be hard times but I think there will be the same hard times no matter what you do.  Call your DR!!!  Let's see some BFP's!!!  :)
  • I need some convincing too...I have been lurking on this board for the last 2 weeks because I have been bitten by the baby bug and now I am wanting another one. I am so nervous about it, but I am also excited to think about having another little one. We were on a walk today and I was thinking how much fun it would be for me to be carrying one baby and for DH to be carrying the other :)

We are not actively TTC, but we are not preventing and in fact, I am a bit late for my period so I am wondering if I might be pg! I am going to test in a few days if AF still hasnt shown up! :D 

• You ladies are very convincing.  I think I'm going to call OB/GYN tomorrow.  It's scary and so, so exciting.  I think at the very, very earliest case scenario (assuming it'll take 3ish weeks to see OB and I get pregnant the first cycle) K and #2 would be 23 months apart.  So I probably won't be 2 under 2, but hopefully it will be close. :)

The only thing is, you guys all say you want to get the baby period over and done with.  I LOVE the baby period.  And my H will only agree to 3 kids, so it feels like I'm using up(?) all my baby years by doing them all together. 

• Having a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old ROCKS.

They totally entertain each other.

DH's explanation is that they're "one unit". ?They have similar interests because they're so close in age.

I used to struggle to make dinner because DS #1 wanted my attention.

Now that DS #2 is at a "play with me" age they go do their thing together while I cook!

We go places all the time! ?The sit and stand stroller is our friend.

If they can't follow the rules when it's time to hold my hand or let me carry one of them we just leave. ?No big deal. ?It's only happened twice.?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the baby stage. I just think it's easier to have them close together so their activities can kinda be the same. My sister has a 4.5 yr old and an 11 month old. The 11 month is not a good sleeper and it has been difficult for my sister to get him on a routine while always having to tote him around to preschool, ballet, gymnastics, etc.

I know I'll run into this when I have 3 kids anyway but I don't want to have this problem for all my kids.

• yeah we did the we are not trying, but not preventing and we are now expecting 2 under 2!
  • imageprincess4u81:
    yeah we did the we are not trying, but not preventing and we are now expecting 2 under 2!

Yup, we did this 2, and I had 3 kids in 3 years! LOL!

I have a 6 month old, a 2YO and a 3YO right now. The older ones are MUCH easier. ALL THREE have been BAD sleepers. DS does NOT STTN - we are just starting to get 4 hour stretches..........so, I've been sleep deprived for a while. That's what takes its toll.

The hard stuff is trying to get everything done with little ones in the house - the cooking, the laundry, the cleaning, etc. If you have help around, it's a bit easier. I now have a part-time babysitter in the summer, and I have always had a bi-weekly cleaning crew...... 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I have a 12.5 month old and an 18 month old...so two toddlers and we go tons of places all day long...no worries!  It takes a few months to get a routine down but its do-able.  =) 

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• do it!

we are doing our best to get that BFP! we were lucky that it was very easy to get pregnant with M and i am really hoping it will be the same with number 2.  my cycles have been all over the place but i am still getting AF somewhat regularly...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a 3-yr-old and a 1-yr-old. They are best buds, but it's really hard taking them places by myself. I can't take them to the playground--how can I chase one and leave the other one unattended? Going out to eat--forget it. So unless I have help, we spend a lot of time at home or going places where they can be contained or in the double stroller.
  • I have a one year old and a three year old. I love it! It was really hard in the beginning, but so fun now! They play together and DS is in preschool 3 days a week so I still get my one on one time with DD. We go grocery shopping or just spend some mother/daughter time together. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • I love this thread! Not that I needed convincing (obviously) -- but the reassurance is wonderful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"