Babies on the Brain

Psychic & baby fever

So I've had a bit of baby fever for the first time. I've been married just a year, but when a friend recently had her first child, my hormones went into overdrive. So...I checked out some birth videos in an effort to scare my yen for a family out of me. And it kinda worked! But a friend who thinks she's psychic told me today that she thinks I'll have a baby in 4 years (a boy, in case you were wondering). 

So yes...I realize this sounds completely insane, but it actually made me a little bit diasappointed. I'm not sure I actually believe any of it, but I'm still disappointed. 

We're so early in our marriage, and it's not our plan to have children for another year or two, but here I am. Seriously confused, and still having a little bit of baby fever. 

Just needed to get it all off my chest. Thanks for listening. 

Visit The Nest!

Re: Psychic & baby fever

• This one time, a pyschic told me I would fall in love with a Native American man, become enthralled with their culture, move to a reservation and become a high priestess.

No joke.

• Loading the player...
  • imageAuntIsha:

This one time, a pyschic told me I would fall in love with a Native American man, become enthralled with their culture, move to a reservation and become a high priestess.

No joke.

I totally read this with Alyson Hannigans voice doing the "one time at band camp" thing.

• imageManalyzer:
    Okay Hmm
    you stole my answer...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageManalyzer:
    imageAuntIsha:

This one time, a pyschic told me I would fall in love with a Native American man, become enthralled with their culture, move to a reservation and become a high priestess.

No joke.

I totally read this with Alyson Hannigans voice doing the "one time at band camp" thing.

Good, then you read it the way it was meant to be read :)

But still totally a true story.

• imageManalyzer:
    imageAuntIsha:

No joke.

Lmao!  Me too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So you start TTC in 2 years, it takes a year for you to get knocked up, 9 months for a baby to come and voila, in 4 years you'll have a son.

Fantastic.
  • Wow, I know how you feel!  DH and I got married a little over 6 months ago (been together 3 years), and I know with our careers and lives right now kids are just NOT a smart idea!  We just don't have the time or money to properly devote to them.

However, I am absolutely the last of my best girl pals to get married; and they're ALL having babies now (and no, I'm not exaggerating, I literally have 5 girlfriends who are preggo right now!  not to mention two of my cousins!  yeeeaaahhh!  it's pretty much baby overload!).  It's sooo difficult to not want a child of our own when I see them all excited and planning and all.  I feel really torn.

Then, for you to hear from some psychic (that may or may not prove to be correct! ;) that you won't have a baby for 4 years, you feel let down in a sense...like maybe you were secretly (or not so secretly) wanting it to happen earlier.  Yep, I totally feel your pain!

I don't know what a good "answer" is, or if there is one.  Maybe we just need to try really hard to push it all out of our heads?  But then again, how can we when our friends keep popping out cute little bundles of joy for us to want, right?! 

*sigh*  Thanks for posting...makes me feel a little justified in how I'm feeling now too! :)

• ok.... I want a baby too! Big Smile
  • Thanks squeaker. It's nice to not be alone in my craziness. :)
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"