Baby Showers

Shower Favors??

Okay I have no idea what to give out for favors! My cousin suggested this idea from her sisters bridal shower(I couldnt make it so I dont know how it looked)

Get different sized vases and fill them with candy in the colors of the shower and then have like those chinese take out boxes in matching colors, people can go around and fill their box with candies.

It sounds really cute, and she said it wasnt expensive but I dont know how to explain to people okay well here is your favor now pick what you want.

Any ideas? Or other favor ideas?

?Thanks...?

Re: Shower Favors??

• I did this for the favors for my wedding and it was a huge hit. It can get expensive if you try to do it in specific colors. We just used all our favorite candy. I got all the vases at goodwill. It took me a few trips to a few different goodwills but it ended up saving me a lot of money. I got a lot of the candy at Costco which also saved money. You can order the Chinese boxes online for pretty cheap. I think I paid $12 for 100 boxes. You could also print up some stickers that say its a boy/girl if they know or something else baby related. I hopethis helps
  • imagefriendlyface:
    I did this for the favors for my wedding and it was a huge hit. It can get expensive if you try to do it in specific colors. We just used all our favorite candy. I got all the vases at goodwill. It took me a few trips to a few different goodwills but it ended up saving me a lot of money. I got a lot of the candy at Costco which also saved money. You can order the Chinese boxes online for pretty cheap. I think I paid $12 for 100 boxes. You could also print up some stickers that say its a boy/girl if they know or something else baby related. I hopethis helps

Thanks, I do want to do color specific, and my cousin told me to go to Winco, ive never been there but I heard its great....if I have to I work at Costco and will just get my favorites!.?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm having this at my shower as well, there's going be all fruit candy since that's all I've craved since being knocked up. We've been referring to it as the candy "bar".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we decided to do something alittle different and have tiny decorated gift bags filled with white chocolate pretzels...a friend of mine did it at her bridal shower and it was huge hit
  • for the shower i'm throwing for a friend, i found these tiny chinese take-out boxes at the Dollar Tree - 8 for $1. not as big as your average chinese take-out boxes, but perfect for favors. they come in baby colors - either blue, yellow, green - plaid. super cute. i'm just gonna fill those up with candy or choc covered pretzels or something and leave them in a big basket at the door and tell everyone to please take one as they leave.  should be easier and cause less commotion than having everyone pick through what candy they want.

• We did this for my sisters wedding shower... She had over 60 guests, and only 5 or so glass bowls set up on 1 table for them to fill their own bags.... I must have refilled the bowls over 20 times,, it seemed never ending. So I would suggest having more then enough candy set out in the first place, to avoid having someone stuck refilling it every 15 minutes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got 100 pink take out boxes from cudge.net for my baby shower for I think like $16. 

We did a candy buffet at our wedding so we're not doing it again at my shower.  They're always a hit though.

• I did Rice Krispie treats as favors for my SIL's shower. I used the pink marshmallows! They were a hit and cheap too!

https://ashley21babe.blogspot.com/2009/06/baby-shower-day.html

DD 8/1/2009
    DS 4/12/2013
    TTC in 2017 (maybe)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"