Orange County Babies

What to pay a 14 year old babysitter?

What's the going rate?  She's our next door neighbor and would just be doing short little timeframes with Maddie - maybe an hour or two here and there while we grab dinner or go to the movies.  If  there's a range, I'd rather err on the side of being more generous than not.  Thanks!

Re: What to pay a 14 year old babysitter?

• My cousin that is 15 charges my sister 8/hr to watch her two boys -ages 2 & 4...
  • hmmm....im not sure, will maddie be awake?  my thought is $8-10 an hr but that is only really a guess.  lol :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say $10/hour would be generous.
  • We have a 17 y/o girl who watches our 2 y/o for $8/hr.  She was super thrilled with that rate.  That's probably because she did tell us that someone else pays her $20-25 for 2 kiddos flat rate -- not sure of the amt of time. We thought that was a little on the low side and felt $8/hr was fair for her...and for us. Our nanny charged $12/hr.
  • I pay my little sister who is now 16 $8 an hour.  I called it a family discount but then found out her neighbor only paid her $5/hour for 2 kids ($25 flat  rate) so I realized she was making out better with me.  At the age of 14 I think 8 is fair.
    Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"