New Jersey Babies

FMLA/Disability

Has anyone else looked into this stuff... I'm so confused...

I've been under the impression that I am allowed 12 weeks leave for the birth and bonding of a new child, and I can claim disability for 6 weeks (2/3 pay of $524 weekly max).  But some keep telling me this new FMLA will pay for the full 12 weeks??  I haven't seen anything in writing about 12 weeks paid just the 6, can anyone help clarify?

Thanks

imageimage
imageimage

Re: FMLA/Disability

• I think you're referring to NJ Family Leave Insurance, which is separate from FMLA and your employer's in-house benefits.  Here's some info on this really exciting new law:

https://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/fli/content/fli_fact_sheet.html

It can be used for more than just maternity/paternity leave, which is great. You can get 2/3 of your paycheck for up to 6 weeks, up to a maximum of $546 per week.  The forms are not available until June 1st, and you cannot use it until July 1st.  It's that new!

FMLA protects your job for up to 12 weeks. The leave is unpaid.  Not all employers are subject to this.  For example, if your company employs less than 50 people, they are not subject to FMLA.

https://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

Your employer may have their own benefits, but those are in-house.  The above two are laws that you are guaranteed unless your employer is exempt for some reason.

• I was on FMLA/disability last month; I received 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after LO was born @ $524 a week.  Then I took 3 additional weeks which burn my vacation days in order to receive any money, hope that helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • for dbl you are allowed 4 weeks before (you can opt out if you want to work up until your due date, but you cannot tack them on after.  you then get 6 weeks after the birth...so if your due date is feb 24th and you leave 4 weeks before, feb 1st, and you give birth feb 5th, you are screwed out of the 4 weeks before and it immediately starts the 6 weeks after (sucks, i know).  This is also paid at 66% or 2/3 your salary.

NJFLI..you can take up to 12 weeks...but only 6 of them are paid 2/3 your salary up to $547.00.  this started january 1st the tax comes out of each paycheck .09% up to $26.00 annually.

I work for a payroll company so this is legit info..lol

fmla is completel different as mentioned above...its not paid

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"