Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

PAI 1 Genetic issue, anyone?

Just (literally) found out I tested positive for this.  It MAY explain my four losses.  I've been through every other gd test under the sun, and the HSG, etc., and in a sick way, I'm kind of happy they found something, even if it doesn't conclusively give me an answer.  I'm also Factor  V positive.  Good times....

What do you know about PAI 1? 

Re: PAI 1 Genetic issue, anyone?

• All I know is that it is linked to metabolic syndrome and may be treated with metformin..... Not too sure about that one.
  • I am FVL-hetero, MTHFR-hetero, and PAI-homo.  My hemo did not really explain PAI too well to me, but from reading on the internet elevated PAI causes any blood clots in the body to not breakdown as easily as they should.  From reading research articles, PAI has contributed to 1st trimester losses as well as late losses and can be treated with a mixture of medication.  Some doc's will start treatment with +hpt with lovenox or heparin, 81mg of aspirin/day, and extra prenatal vitamins.  If this combination is not successful, they will give metaformin (since PAI has also been linked to insulin resistance) and even progesterone on top of the lovenox, ba, and prenatals.  I don't know much more, sorry.  

Good luck,

Annika

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"