Working Moms
Options

Going back to work after 14 mos at home - what goes in daycare bag?

DD has been going to a parent's day out once a week since 3 months old and I'm just wondering if what I pack for those 5 hours is the same stuff I should pack for daycare - just more food for a longer day obviously.  Here is what goes in her PDO bag:

bottle

lunch & 1 snack 

onesie in case of accident on clothes

3 diapers

wipes

a couple of small toys

sunscreen & diaper rash cream

tylenol & teething tablets when necessary

Is there anything else I should include for DD's longer daycare days?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going back to work after 14 mos at home - what goes in daycare bag?

• Options

more diapers, just in case.  :)

and I would leave out the toys, she can play with toys at the daycare center that way hers won't get lost or put away with the others.

Our daycare isn't allowed to give tylenol or teething tablets, so make sure they will use them before you pack them every day.

• Options
    My DD's daycare provides lunch and snack so I don't pack those.  I leave diapers, wipes, and diaper rash cream in her bin.  The only things I'm packing are extra clothes and a bottle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    the only thing i pack on a daily basis are bottles and her paci. i leave diapers, wipes, rash creams, lotion, extra clothes and blankets in her cubbie at the center.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Just leave full boxes of diapers and wipes and a tube of cream at daycare with her name on them.  I'm sure that this is what your daycare will prefer you do.  That way, she's sure to have enough no matter what kind of day she has.  Your daycare will let you know when she's running low.

Does your daycare provide food?  You might not have to send food.

I have an extra outfit (shorts, t-shirt, and socks) in DS's cubby at daycare. 

Our daycare does NOT allow toys from home to be brought in.  You might want to check your daycare's policy before sending her in with toys.

My daycare doesn't like to keep meds on hand for each kid "just in case".  We send them in when DS needs them, and that's it. 

Sunscreen is good, if your daycare doesn't provide it.  I send a bucket hat in with DS every day too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ask them if they have a list. I just got one last week as DD starts next week. For the infants, they like:

2 crib sheets

Several receiving blankets

2 complete changes of clothing

Hat (they take them outside in the stroller)

Diapers/Wipes

All food/bottles + utensils needed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    Your DC should give you a list.  We leave clothes, pacifiers, bib, diapers, wipes and ointment at DC and restock as needed (DC lets us knwo when they are low).  We bring bottles and food (and spoon) every day.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My daycare provides food and cow's milk.  We only need to send formula or EBM.

We are not allowed sending toys, the center has plenty for them to use.

We do send her teddy and a blanket for rest time.

We left a package of diapers there (only used for her) and they would tell us when she needed more.  They provided wipes.

We sent two changes of clothes (more now that she is potty training).

A season appropriate coat/hat.

We also send outdoor shoes but an infant wouldn't need this.

We provide a bottle of sunscreen in the spring and it usually lasts until the fall.

Our daycare requires a signed form in order to give medication.  We only take it in if we feel she needs it.

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"