2nd Trimester

Egg Drop Soup

DH and I got Chinese food tonight and I had Egg Drop Soup. Now I have no idea how this is made, so I'm now wondering if it's completely cooked or is anything raw? And if part of it is raw is it even safe for me to eat? Please no flaming, I just honestly don't know. I got a quart of it so I want to know if I should eat the rest or not. I figured it would be a good source of protein and omega 3's.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Egg Drop Soup

• The idea behind egg drop soup is that it instantly cooks the egg when the egg enters the soup. Egg cooks SUPER fast when it's hot. You should be ok =) ?If you still feel nervous, pop it in the microwave for like 30 seconds and it will be fine.?
  • imagethismakebelieve:
    The idea behind egg drop soup is that it instantly cooks the egg when the egg enters the soup. Egg cooks SUPER fast when it's hot. You should be ok =)  If you still feel nervous, pop it in the microwave for like 30 seconds and it will be fine.

this

• Loading the player...
  • raw eggs on their own are not a problem unless of course that particular egg has salmonella in it so just like lunch meat etc...there would be a tiny risk. but like pp said the egg is cooked or most definitely nearly fully cooked in egg drop soup meaning no risk.  enjoy it!
  • It's safe to eat. I eat it all the time and baby is still healthy...
  • This post is now really making me crave the stuff =)
  • Yummy, I had some a couple of days ago.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• ablouablou member
    I gotta find a recepie for this...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ::blank stare::

Well, considering that HJ & I are still kicking it well over a month after my last egg-drop soup binge, I would say it's safe.?

• I can't eat the stuff...reminds me too much of snot.  lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"