Oregon Babies

Would your record your birth?

With my first I said absolutely not! I thought it was disgusting and I was sure I wouldn't want to watch such a thing. However my labor with Tre was so long and difficult and I was so exhausted I couldn't even hold him after he was born much less experience the Joy or remember anything about it. If/when we hopefully have another child I will have someone videotape from  my vantage point and even if I watch it once and delete it, I just want to have the option.

Re: Would your record your birth?

• meglewmeglew member
    I would definitely consider it.  I also had a very long labor and as much as I tried to focus on her in that moment, it was hard and I wish I could watch it on video.  Same feelings about our wedding.  We did not have videography and I soooo wish we had.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • I think I am where you were before you had your first. Not sure i am interested in seeing that. You bring up an interesting point with the hard labor... not being able to remember it. Hmmm...
  • Loading the player...
  • Heck no!  But if you want to record the 2nd one, then do it!  (PS Are you trying to hint that Tre is going to be a big brother soon??)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJumper:
    I don't think I would want to record the entire thing, but I wish I would have used my video camera more to record some "highlights."  For example, I recorded DH in the hospital room right when I got there, but that was it.  I wish I could have brought the camera back out after the birth and then again when visitors came.

This is what I was thinking. ;) We didn't have anybody video tape our wedding and that is my BIGGEST regret... maybe of my life. :(  I don't remember much about it.. other than at the ceremony there was a spider in my bouquet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sadly, I also regret not having video at my wedding. Glad to see I'm not alone. That being said, I did have my DD birth "recorded"...I was in labor for 3 days, pushed for 2 hours and it was stressful, but instead of video we had a photographer. She did our wedding and a couple of other weddings we'd been in, so I trusted her. She took the most tasteful pictures (at least I didn't see the nasty ones) She put together the most adorable book of that day, pictures of the clock as the day went on, things that went on around me as I slept, and then the labor. I'm so greatful to see pictures of my husbands face as I pushed. And I don't have to listen to all the grunts and sounds, I just get to look at the peaceful pictures. I would HIGHLY recommend this. It was an amazing expirence and I have some of the most precious pics of her being born. She was born and transfered to another hospital within an hour and spent 5 days in the NICU, but I got to see my surroundings while I was busy pushing out a baby!
  • Wow!  That is amazing!  Very cool to be able to see that!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"