Health & Exercise
Options

Need help with this spit-up/projectile vomitting.

My son was born on 06-05-09 and is almost a month old. I started him out on Nestle Good Start Gentle Plus formula, but he was spitting up/vomiting up pretty much his whole bottle after every feeding. I took it into my own hands after two weeks of this, to change his formula to Similac Isomil Advanced (for fussiness, gas and spit-up) and he was fine for almost two weeks, and now he's back to spitting up/vomiting up pretty much his whole bottle after every feeding. The doctor told me when I switched it that it was fine to do that at his 2-week well child check-up. And that it wasn't a reflux issue. Now that he's back at it again... I burp him after every 1/2 ounce and for about 10-15 minutes after each feeding. Any input?

Re: Need help with this spit-up/projectile vomitting.

• Options
    How is his weight gain?  If it's ok then don't worry, things will calm down. If it's not, you might want to talk to your dr. more about the spitting...make sure he understands that it's really a LOT. Is the puking after every feeding? There is something called pyloric stenosis which causes that in very rare cases and must be corrected surgically.  Bottom line is weight gain when it comes to the spitting.  Also you could try thickening his bottles. Some people use rice cereal but that tends to make them gassy when they are so little. You can buy a product called Thickit that does the same thing...have to google it. Not sure where you get it.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We started putting something called Simply Think in all Colton's bottles. It really helps with the spitting up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"