Georgia Babies

Wills?

DH and I really need to get our act together and have a will drawn up sooner rather than later.  Anyone have any recs on who or what you used when you had yours drawn up?  TIA!

Re: Wills?

• maykatmaykat member
    We used our family attorney--Mark Popkin.  His office is off of Northridge and he's been doing this for a long time.  He also has kids and was great at giving advice in terms of "kids don't get $$ unless they attend college)
  • This is on our to do's also...we checked out Dave Ramsey's site and ordered the legal forms they endorse for wills, POA, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband bought some software and we followed it - we have pretty basic wills right now.   Its probably not as thorough as using a lawyer, but its better than nothing.

We will need to do a living will.  I know having my dad's when he was in the hospital took alot of burden off of us in having to make some pretty serious decisions as to his care. 

• Thanks for the replies ladies.  We do want to use an attorney at some point but for the moment, I just want to have something basic in writing as far as guardians for the boys, etc.  I really appreciate the help!
  • imagemaykat:
    We used our family attorney--Mark Popkin.  His office is off of Northridge and he's been doing this for a long time.  He also has kids and was great at giving advice in terms of "kids don't get $$ unless they attend college)
    Huh, I think I know Mark Popkin through the Gator Club!

Tra - check out legalzoom.com.  I believe it's like a $100 fee to put together a basic will.  The site actually contracts w/ lawyers, so you are using a lawyer, just not getting a very detailed will together, which should be fine for you guys for now.

This is on our list of things to do, as well.  Fortunately, my company just added this as a benefit, so we'll be waiting until I go back to work in September to get ours done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"