Baby Names

I think DH wants our kid to get pummeled on the playground.

So, our last name is Head. I know, I know.

If we have a boy, DH thinks it would be a great idea to name our child Robert Leon so that we can call him Bob L. Head.

He jokes about it, but he is actually digging in his heels about naming the baby Robert if it's a boy because he says he wants something "traditional."

Can someone help us come up with a more "traditional" name to satisfy my goofy DH, that won't give him the same name as 5 other boys in his class and won't make him a laughingstock?

Thanks!

Re: I think DH wants our kid to get pummeled on the playground.

• The name all spelled out its bad.  However it would take less than 1.5 seconds for kids to start making fun of him.  Bad idea IMO.
  • Try the Social Security boys' names list....

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/decades/names2000s.html

A lot of the more popular boys' names are traditional, solid and classic names.  (Christopher, for instance, has been in the top 10 for three decades or more, I think...)
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you should go with Richard nn ***. Perfect.

Okay, sorry, tastless. How about:

Michael, Jonathan, Joshua, Jeremy, Alexander, Ryan, James, David, or Wiliam?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelisa5201:

I think you should go with Richard nn ***. Perfect.

Okay, sorry, tastless. How about:

Michael, Jonathan, Joshua, Jeremy, Alexander, Ryan, James, David, or Wiliam?

They bleeped out my nn! I think you all know where I was going though....lol 

• BOB Head? Psssh, what about D!ck Head???

Tell your guy *that*!! lol

oops, sorry, thought the name was richard for a moment. i'm tired!!

• Hehehe...I suggested Richard to DH. He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

I also sort of liked Nicholas, but he says no because  Nick Head rhymes with...well, something else.

• Mine liked the idea of naming a boy Truman Robert, because then he'd be Tru R. Falce.

He also liked Niagara for a girl, and he loved the idea of naming a boy Lucas, just so he could go "Luke, I am your father" over the baby monitor.

• imagenlvaden:
    The name all spelled out its bad.  However it would take less than 1.5 seconds for kids to start making fun of him.  Bad idea IMO.

This exactly.

• Ian, Daniel, Scott, David, Phillip, Benjamin, Derek, Jeremy, Joshua, Jacob, Isaac, Isaiah, Noah, Adam, Christopher, Jack, Paul, Mark, Jeffrey, Brandon, William, Garrett, Trevor, Travis, Steven, Nathan, Kevin, Timothy, Joseph, George, Henry, Ryan, Andrew, John, Tyler, Ethan, James, Patrick, Samuel, Wesley, Peter, Calvin, Simon, Charles, Thomas, Gregory, Allen, Brian, Zachary, Bradley, Justin, Jason, Caleb, Eric
  • Just don't name him Noah...I know a Noah Head, and I just think it's terrible!
  • Charles nn Charlie, George, Joseph, Micah, Christian, Kyle, Logan
  • Don't do it! This reminds me of a girl I went to school with named C@ra Cature. Her first name was normal, but put it together and..... why do that to your kid?
  • I agree, bad idea... kids can be so mean! I would pick another first or mn.
  • Too funny...

I actually call my ex-husband Richard Head and even address the mail I send him like that. His girlfriend doesnt get the joke.

• SG5506SG5506 member
    What about Thomas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"