Baby Showers

Shower pics and recap

My shower this past Sat. was lovely. The hostess made AMAZING food (see the cute fruit carriage!): chicken salad sandwiches on cranberry almond bread, lemon scones, fruit tarts, chocolate covered strawberries, passion fruit tea, and sherbet punch. My mom and the hostess made chocolates in molds of pacifiers and baby booties.

It was a smaller affair (13 guests showed, 5 couldn't come but sent gifts), and of course, few registry items and mostly baby clothes. I was totally prepared for that, but DH was upset at first (I think just stressed because he thought we'd get more bigger ticket items and was thinking about costs). He settled down pretty quickly, thank goodness. Someone on 3rd tri posted the other day that she thinks some women are set-up for disappointment for their shower gifts because so many people will tell you not to buy things till after the shower, and then the shock of how much you have to buy all at once kind of overwhelms you. If you think you or your DH will have a panic moment, try to mentally/emotionally prepare ahead of time!

Re: Shower pics and recap

• looks yummy!

i'm glad your dh came around! we're not even expecting a shower, let alone any big ticket items from others so hopefully we won't experience any disappointment like that - but good advice for others, i think!

• Everything looks really nice.  Sandwiches sound yummy.

My DD had her shower after the baby was born so already had the bigger ticket items (funiture and combo stroller/carseat) so it made the whole thing really fun.  I do think a lot of people expect to get big gifts and I know some guests do go in together to get those.  Our family and friends do not do that.  She did get the breast pump which was really the biggest ticket item she had on her list.  Fortunately a lot of people had to travel and gave her gift cards...nice.  People love to get clothes...which was nice since my DD only had a few outfits (generic) since she didn't know the sex.  Course because he was already here...everyone could get gender specific and several different sizes helped a lot in that department.  She even got a size 2 tux!  He's now 2 1/2 and worn it to several weddings and Chrismtas parties.  lol

• Loading the player...
  • Passion Fruit Tea = Yummy!! Glad you enjoyed your shower..

DH and I are starting to get really excited!! He swears we are going to get  lots of stuff off our registry, I keep warning him that we may not. He does not want me to buy ANYTHING until after the shower.. I have been trying to explain to him that our shower is Aug 1st and we are due Aug 28th. If we get the important items, great but if we don't, I want to be prepared!!

He did not even want me to buy a diaper bag that was on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids down from $79 to $19.99, I bought it anyway, couldn't pass that bargain up!!

I keep buying the necessary items just in case..

• KadyraKadyra member
    I had my shower on Sunday.  It was a lot of fun, but I was not prepared for how exhausted I was afterward, and there weren't even that many people invited.  Makes me worry about the work shower that is planned for later.  More people will be at that one!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • The hostess definitely has major entertaining savvy!  It looks GREAT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"