Georgia Babies

William is here!

Birth story: I woke up at 1:30 Monday morning with some strong contractions and stayed up because Elizabeth was teething.  DH and I switched off after I'd been up with her for about half an hour, and after he was up with her for about half an hour and she went back to sleep, he came back to bed and I told him that the contractions were 5 minutes apart.  We waited till they'd been five minutes apart for an hour, called the doctor, called my MIL to sit with Elizabeth, and went on to the hospital.

When I checked in around 6:30 a.m, I was at 2 cm, so I walked for about 45 minutes, went back on the monitors for 20 minutes, walked for another 45, and when they checked again, I was at 5 cm.  I went for another couple of hours and got an epidural about 1 p.m. because I was getting exhausted after no sleep and nothing to eat since dinner Sunday night.  The doctor broke my water and I took an hourlong nap.

I woke up and was feeling some pressure, then about 15 minutes later I was feeling a LOT of pressure.  The nurse checked and I was fully dilated, so she called the doctor and I started pushing around 3:10.  Two pushes later, William was born at 3:18.

He's 7 pounds 9 ounces, 19 3/4 inches long, and eats like a champ!  His big sister will get to meet him when we go home tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good vibes -- this was a really easy labor and delivery!

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: William is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"