Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Odd comment from nurse today.

I went to the dr office today for a follow up.  The nurse asked me if I was in the hospital this weekend and I said yes.  She then asked me if my LO was in the waiting room...I said yes.  She asked how old...I said 7 months.  Then said says, "So, this is probably a good thing, you don't want two in diapers".  I was a little taken back.

Re: Odd comment from nurse today.

• Options
    whaaattt? How stinkin rude of her! So sorry you had to hear that from such an unthoughtful person!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What an awful thing to say!  I know that they think they are being helpful, but I don't even see how people could be so off-base.  I'm sorry.  You would think that health care professionals would have more tact.

Yeah, this weekend, I went out with two of my girlfriends.  One just had a baby about a months ago, and one is single w/no kids.  My single friends says to the other, "It's so good to see you out and about again, and not pregnant anymore!"  Ok, so this is appropriate for her because she has a baby.  But then she turns to me and says, "And you too!"  WTF?  I mean, I missed having a glass of wine or two, but this wasn't a good thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Who is she to say when you are ready to have a second! Granted I don't want 2 in diapers but still IF you want to I would never say that to you! I am sorry someone had the lack of manners to say this! I am so sorry for your loss, and I hope you are doing ok. Hugs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

OMG did you say anything to her?! I would call and complain in the morning to the Dr's office!!!

I'm so very sorry you had to deal with that.

• Options
    oh snap, between the comment in the original post and sinisterkat's friend's comment, i think someone (or two) deserves a throatpunch!
  • Options
    Yeah, that is very rude. I would have been so mad
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Options
    What an inconsiderate fool.
  • Options
    WTF???
  • Options
    Wow I would probably fire my nurse for saying that. Good grief. She's a moron.
  • Options
    OMG! With my hormones I probably would have b!tch slapped her....but that's just me.
  • Options

w.o.w. I can't believe she said that.

• Options
    Just goes to prove that not everyone is capable of thinking before they speak!
  • Options
    megjr8megjr8 member
    What?! And she thought that comment would help you feel all better?! How rude!
    In memory of precious Julia, sweet baby James, and now Timmy who fought so hard.

Natural miscarriage - April 2009 ~ We love you, 'Blueberry'
    Lydia, born July 12, 2010
    Labor buddy to Kelly0615
  • Options
    I would go directly to her supervisor and say something and then write a formal letter of complaint!  I'm like that though.  What a biatch!
  • Options
    What a terrible thing to say!   I'm sorry you had to deal with that. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry, she is ignorant.  I really wish people would use their god given filter, then the rest of the world wouldn't have to suffer through the stupid comments.  I don't know what else to say, I'm just really sorry you had to hear her say that.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options
    How incredibly rude. I'm sorry you had to hear that.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that is totally unacceptable from anyone much less someone who works in the medical field.  I would report her if I were you and would not even feel bad if she lost her job.  At the least maybe they will make her take some kind of sensitive training.
  • Options
    That is unbelievably rude and that comment had to come from someone who has never had a m/c..  It would have been really hard for me to resist the urge to slap her!    I cannot believe someone would actually say that...
  • Options
    OMG.
    Some people are lucky that they don't get slapped to death for stupid unfeeling comments.
  • Options
    That is insane! What the hell is her problem. You need to report her. There is no reason for you to have to endure that type of bedside manner. I am so sorry she said that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"