High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

New Here--Introduction/MTHFR

Hi, ladies,

I just found out I am pregnant and am in the high-risk category this time around.  I was diagnosed with two blood-clotting disorders in February after losing our daughter when I was 18 weeks pregnant (the loss was due to fifth disease--I am a first grade teacher) but the other diagnoses were found as a result of all the testing.  I was diagnosed with MTHFR compound hetero (C677T/A1298C) as well as PAI-1 (4G/4G) homozygous.  I meet with my high-risk doctor on Thursday.  I am looking forward to a happy and healthy pregnancy with a lot of prayer and with continually replacing fear with FAITH.  If you are dealing with the same disorders, I welcome any and all advice, comments, or concerns.  I am not sure if I will need Lovenox injections or not.  I will be asking LOTS of questions at my appointment on Thursday. 

Re: New Here--Introduction/MTHFR

• Options

Congrats and wishing you a wonderful pregnancy. I have no experience with your specific risk but wanted to say hello and welcome!

• Options

Hey! I was diagnosed with compound hetero MTHFR after my 2nd m/c in February. I was put on foltex (B6, B12, and Folic Acid) as well as baby aspirin and my regular PNV. Although I'm technically at a higher risk for Downs and Sina Bifida, the doctors all told me it really wasn't that big of a risk.

I did recieve a level II scan instead of a normal level I just so they could take a really close look at the baby. I was given the all clear and everything looks great. I'm not even considered HR.

I'm not sure about the PAI-1. Good luck with everything! I'll keep an eye on this post if you have any questions, or you can always page me on the getting pregnant board.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm guessing that since you have PAI-1 you will need Lovenox... sorry

I have homozygous MTHFR C677T.  I have normal homocysteine levels so I am not on Lovenox.  I take a compound vitamin with extra folic acid and b vitamins as well as baby aspirin.

There is an increased risk of spina bifida but they can see markers on u/s usually. 

GL!!1

• Options
    I have the 4G/5G PAI-1 mutation and borderline Protein C and will take baby aspirin with my next pregnancy. There was talk about Lovenox but my perinatologist said no. He did say that the 4G/4G mutation was more severe and that would need Lovenox.
  • Options
    I have the Factor V Leiden mutation and had a pulmonary embolism a couple of years ago so I take 200ml of Lovenox/day. I'm guessing you'll need to take Lovenox too, but probably just 40ml. The shots are horrible at first, but you do get used to them!
  • Options

Congrats friend! I pray for a healthy pregnancy & a healthy baby. Enjoy every step of the way. You deserve the best, and I just know that you will have a happy ending to your story, with a beautiful healthy baby in the end. You are a wonderful Mom to Faith, and you will be a wonderful Mom to baby #2! Congrats again!

BabyFetus Ticker *Baby Aiden: Silently Born on 11-26-08. *Baby #2: M/C on 4-12-09. *Genetic Testing Found MTHFR & PAI1 4G/5G *TTC Baby #3 Since July of 2009: -Fertility Treatments April 2010-February 2011 (Femara, Proverra, Clomid, HCG Trigger, FSH Injectibles, & IUI, as well as Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy Surgery) *BFP: Febraury of 2011. Baby due 10-24-11!!! :-) ***Baby Angels- Always in Mommy & Daddy's Hearts & Prayers*** ***Prayers For Growing Baby In Belly To Be Healthy***
  • Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!  I will let you all know what I find out about the Lovenox after I get home from the doctor tomorrow. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"