Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Two car seats and rear facing? How?

When #2 comes along we have to move DD's seat to behind one of the front seats. The car seat WILL NOT fit rear facing if it is far left or right. I don't want to turn her around yet. It's not like I have a small car. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and DD has the Britax marathon. How do you do it? If you do, what car and seat do you have?

PS - even our infant carrier is tight when behind one of the seats... (Chicco Key Fit)

Re: Two car seats and rear facing? How?

• Both of our carseats fit RF - I drive a Camry and we have the Graco Safeseat and the Evenflo Triumph Advance.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have a Jeep Liberty and I fit 2 RF seats in the back.  I have an Evenflo Triumph Advance and the little girl I watch has some sort of Graco.  They fit fine.  I think you should double check. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Ford Escape and the seats we have both fit RFing. We have the Graco Safeseat and the Evenflo Symphony.
  • Both of our carseats fit RF too (Eddie Bauer infant seat and Britax Marathon), but I'm a member of the mini-van club, so that might be why :o)

• I have a similar sized car to yours - the Ford Edge and Hudson's seat fits fine behind the driver's seat RF'ing (Britax Boulevard). MH has a BMW and he will have the same problem that you have. In some cars, it just won't work.
  • We have tried several times. It will fit if I sit with the seat all the way forward but my knees touch the dash and I am almost touching the wheel. For DH is it worse. I don't get why I can't get them to fit.
  • I drive a Murano and have a Roundabout and a Marathon RF'ing.  My DH drives a Lexus GS350 and has the same carseats RF'ing.  We had to make sure the recline/tilt was just right to get them to fit.  We also have a million adjustments on our driver's seats so we can get it to work okay. 

I'm very surprised they don't fit in your Grand Cherokee.  If an infant seat fits, I would think the Marathon would fit.  Check these forums since other people have asked the same question for your specific car:

https://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=687055

https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=76661

https://www.motherproof.com/advice-safety/story/does-your-car-seat-fit/

• I have a honda civic with 2 RFing carseats...a roundabout and a snugride. Then again, both DH and I are under 5'7 so we don't need too much leg room up front.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I also have a Marathon w/ a mid-sized SUV and that is the reason DD will turn FF when #2 is born. I can't drive w/ the dash against my knees... It's just the car styles I think. Even with the smaller Roundabout, which we also have, it's just too tight. And car manual says not to put a carseat in the center, so that's out. Of course it doesn't help that DH and I are both tall..
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"