Two Under 2
Options

Double strollers - give me the good, bad and ugly

My LOs will be 14 months apart after #2 arrives. 

What features am I looking for when it comes to getting a double stroller? 

Which is better, side by side, or front and back? 

Do you have one that you love or loathe?  Tell me about it. 

Thank you!!

Re: Double strollers - give me the good, bad and ugly

• Options
    If you go back to the first few pages of this board, there are TONS of posts about it. It all really depends on your preference. We have a Phil & Ted's with a double seat attachment that is tandem but are also getting a side by side (City Mini Double) for our everyday.
  • Options

Ours are 14 1/2 months apart and we ended up buying the Baby Jogger City Mini.  It is a side by side.  I've only used it a few times, but so far I'm pretty happy with it.  It's not too heavy, is easy to fold, the seats recline all the way back for the little one, turns on a dime, and I can push it with my pinky.  The kids both seem pretty comfortable in it.  I took it to the mall today and it fit perfectly fine through doorways and aisles (except for at the overly cluttered Hallmark store).  The only negative so far is that the basket underneath isn't big enough to hold my overstuffed diaper bag.  I just need to go buy some clips or something to attach to the handle bars.

Other strollers I was looking at were the Phil and Ted and the Bumbleride Indie Twin. I had my heart set on the Phil and Ted but when we took the kids to the store to try it out, DD seemed too tall for the toddler seat so she couldn't lean her head back and relax - deal breaker for me.  The Indie Twin was really nice but heavy and more expensive than the City Mini. 

I didn't care for the front to back strollers.  I'm short (5 feet) and when DD was sitting in the front seat, I couldn't even see her!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard that side by sides can be hard to steer/push because of the weight difference between the kids.  I don't have any experience though.  :)
  • Options

Phil and Ted sport, best purchase ever, been using it for over a year.

Got the bags for the sides and no longer need a diaper bag.

The girls love it and it fits the Graco Snugride up top and the older child below.

• Options
    I have a Graco Duo Glider and I love it. I have been using it 3-4 times a week since DD was a day old(Lucky for her, we werent even home 2 hours and had to go to DS's Soccer game). Its spacious. Its heavy but my little 5'2 self can still fold it up with ease and lift it into and out of my van. The only thing I miss is it not having 2 cup holders up top, my single does so both DH and I can put our cups in it, but we cant with the double.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"