Alabama Babies

Soooo thirsty!

Is it normal to be EXTREMELY thirsty in the last trimester? Last night I woke up like almost dying, I was so thirsty. This morning, I've drank coffee, three cups of orange juice, water, and a big glass of milk, and I'm still thirsty! I passed my glucose test, so I'm guessing it's not gestational diabetes. Does this have anything to do with my amniotic fluid, and should I call my doc? I've just never been this thirsty before, I'm starting to get worried. Thanks!

Re: Soooo thirsty!

• I don't think its normal for EXTREME thirst but... you also need extra fluids and you may have gotten a little dehydrated. 

Give it a day or so and see what happeens

• I was really thirsty my last trimester but I think a lot of it had to do with it being June and HOT.
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, I've been thirsty a lot too.  I chalked it up to it being so hot out.
  • I would imagine it has more to do with the heat. Just up your water intake.
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have been a lot more thirsty in the last trimester!
  • loyo03loyo03 member
    I am sure that it has to do w/ the heat and the fact that you are so close and get more tired/dehydrated easily. Keep monitoring it and if it makes you feel uncomfortable, call the dr.
  • Thanks guys. I asked the dr. this morning at my appt., and he said it's normal with the summer heat, even though I'm staying inside most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"