1st Trimester
Options

Anyone have a subchorionic hematoma?

I've been having brown spotting since before I knew I was pregnant (I thought I was getting my first period since giving birth a year ago, but apparently not!), and after asking the nurse about it today she sent me for an ultrasound at the hospital just to ease my mind.  The tech found a small amount of blood, what she called a subchorionic hematoma, in my uterus.  She said it was so small that she hesitated to even label it as such, but she told the nurse about it and she told me that it was nothing to worry about, but that it was almost definitely the cause of my bleeding.  Apparently I will bleed until it's gone, or until my body absorbs the rest of it.

I'm glad to have an explanation, but it's still unnerving to see spotting.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Anyone have a subchorionic hematoma?

• Options
    yes, we found out I had one when I was about 13 -14 weeks. I was put on bed rest for one week just to help it out but on pelvic rest still since then. The last time we had had sex I started bleeding the next day and the dr. said that could irritate it. There's not much you can do...just take it easy.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one that was found after I bled bright red blood for 40 mins!  It is scary, but the diagnosis is usually good if it's not a huge one.  Yours sounds tiny, so just rest a bit--I was put on pelvic rest for a few weeks.  They usually resolve themselves on their own.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes - the only reason I know is because of the u/s we had at eight weeks.  Since I wasn't having any bleeding, I wasn't put on pelvic or bed rest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a very small one at 12w. By 13.5w, it got bigger, and by 15.5w, it had completely disappeared.

It scared me too, but the majority of these reabsorb into the body.

GL!

• Options
    I have one as well! I went to the doctor last week around 9w5d b/c of a very small amount of bleeding the previous Sunday and discharge.  I was very nervous, but they did an ultrasound and the baby was just fine! They found a subchorionic hematoma and said that my body would either absorb it it or bleed it out.  Needless to say,  I am so nervous about seeing any blood, and at my next appointment next Friday, I hope the hematoma will be gone!
  • Options
    I am 6wk and on bed rest due to bleeding. I am on meds called prometruim. The bleeding came after my ultrasound on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"