Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Medela PISA vs Ameda Purely Yours?

I was planning to buy the PISA but read in baby bargains that the Ameda pump is great also and much less expensive.  If you have one of these, what have your experiences been and do you recommend your pump? 

Also, what accessory items have you found necessary to purchase?

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Medela PISA vs Ameda Purely Yours?

• I love my PISA, but have never tried anything else.  If you do get the PISA, pay the extra $14 and order the "softfit" pump parts from Amazon.  OMG, it makes pumping so much more comfortable and I swear I get more milk.
  • BabyC1BabyC1 member
    I have the Ameda Purely Yours and I love it!  Although, I have nothing else to compare it to either.  The tubes don't touch any milk, which is great.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Purely Yours and love it. ?I chose it because it is the ONLY pump approved by the FDA and it is also the only closed system pump which means the milk doesn't even have the chance to get in the tubes and backed up into the motor. ?I've heard it is rare for other pumps to have that issue, but it is possible. ?I've also heard (don't know if it is true, but I've heard) that the Medela comes with instructions on how to clean the motor should milk get backed into it. ?The fact that it has to come with those instructions was enough for me to buy the Purely Yours. ?Plus, the Purely Yours was much less expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedesmerelda317:
    I have the Purely Yours and love it.  I chose it because it is the ONLY pump approved by the FDA and it is also the only closed system pump which means the milk doesn't even have the chance to get in the tubes and backed up into the motor.  I've heard it is rare for other pumps to have that issue, but it is possible.  I've also heard (don't know if it is true, but I've heard) that the Medela comes with instructions on how to clean the motor should milk get backed into it.  The fact that it has to come with those instructions was enough for me to buy the Purely Yours.  Plus, the Purely Yours was much less expensive.

This!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"