Parenting
Options

Britax Marathon ??

My DD has figured out how to slip her arms out of the straps while we are driving. I have pulled them tight, but she still manages to wiggle her way out. My DH and I each have a Marathon in our cars.

Anyone else run into this problem, and find a solution? It worries me when I am driving..

Re: Britax Marathon ??

• Options
    I safely stop the car (now it just takes a threat to stop the car) and tell her we can't go any further unless she wears her seatbelt correctly. ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is the chest clip pulled high enough? ?I'm having a hard time picturing how a kid could do that! ?Maybe offer some kind of reward if she keeps it on? ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

YES!!! I just posted about this on the 12-24 mo board yesterday. No one had any solutions except to call Britax, which I did..and they would not even speak to me unless I had the serial number..which I did not have handy. So I have to call back tomorrow.

it is so frustrating..my DS is 23 months and I honestly do not know what to do. He does it every time we are in the car now. We have pulled them tighter, didn't work. Made them slightly looser in case he was uncomfortable, nope didn't work. I am worried too..if I talk to Britax tomorrow I will try to remember to PM you. I really do not want to have to get a new carseat. UGH

• Options
    Is the chest clip level with the armpits? Unless they're pushing the chest clip down, they shouldn't be able to get their arms out. If they're pushing it down, put the scratchy side of velcro on the clip so it's uncomfortable for them to touch.
  • Options
    Yes, the chest clip is level with the armpits. It takes her a while to work her her way out, she is pushing it down. The velcro is a good idea!
  • Options
    imageithadtobeyou:

YES!!! I just posted about this on the 12-24 mo board yesterday. No one had any solutions except to call Britax, which I did..and they would not even speak to me unless I had the serial number..which I did not have handy. So I have to call back tomorrow.

it is so frustrating..my DS is 23 months and I honestly do not know what to do. He does it every time we are in the car now. We have pulled them tighter, didn't work. Made them slightly looser in case he was uncomfortable, nope didn't work. I am worried too..if I talk to Britax tomorrow I will try to remember to PM you. I really do not want to have to get a new carseat. UGH

She seems to only do it on longer trips, not everytime. but anytime is bad! i of course do pull over and put her back in, but sometimes it takes a bit of time to be able to do that!

If you could remember to PM me that would be great. Maybe I'll call Britax too. I am with you, we have two seats, three if you count the one my MIL just bought for her car. The velcro idea is good too..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"