Pennsylvania Babies

Names

Hey ladies! Wanna help me narrow down my name choices? I'm using the BabyNames.com site for the first time... I hope this works! Big Smile

https://www.babynames.com/namelist/9719210

A few of the (middle) names are family names (Frances is my grandfather's name, Wilson is my granmother's middle name, and Rose is my great grandmother's name).  Also, I may use Katharine or Kathryn instead of Catherine.

Re: Names

• Well, I guess you decided on a first name ;)  I think all of your choices are beautiful, I think I'm partial to anna sophia or anna grace.  My least favorite is anna wilson, just because wilson sounds masculine to me.  However, I love family-related middle names.  I also like "Catherine" rather than the other spellings. 
  • I also prefer Catherine to the other spellings. If we had a girl, we both liked that name, but DH wanted Katherine and I wanted Catherine and neither of us would compromise. If we had a girl, she might still be nameless!
  • Loading the player...
  • I really liked Anna Rose or Anna Catherine....both seem so timeless and classic.  I am also partial to using family names, too.  Both my girls have our grandmothers' names for middle names.  btw - love the name Anna!
  • Yes, I think we've settled on Anna for a FN. If we were having a boy, I would love to call him Andrew but DH wouldn't agree. I love using family names - Andrew was my grandfather's name and it's also my Dad's MN. Since we're not having a boy we thought Anna would be nice for a girl. DD#1's name(s) are also family names. Claire after DH's grandfather (Clarence) and her MN (Elizabeth) which is also his grandmother's MN. My mom's FN and my MN are Beth, so this was also a nice way to incoprarate that too.

Since Anna is REALLY a "stretch" for a family name, I would love to use a MN that's a family name. I guess that really narrows my choices down... (Frances, Wilson and Rose). Of course theses are the ones with less votes! I love the sound of Anna Catherine - but there's just no "family connection" there :-( 

• Funny enough, if we have a girl there is a very good chance her name will be Kathryn Anne :)  The second choice is Kathryn Elizabeth. 

I think you have pretty good taste in names :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"