Multiples
Options

what did your GUT say about babies' arrival date?

I'll be 37 weeks on August 11...that is our latest goal according to my OB.  However, I can't shake this gut feeling I have that they'll be here closer to 35 weeks - the last week of July.  

I've been organizing all their stuff and everything because we just had a shower on Saturday - I wouldn't even begin to call it nesting...just decluttering our house!  But I also feel like time is running short. 

Did you have a feeling when your babies would come?  Were you right?  Of course I want them to cook until 37 weeks...but I can't shake the feeling.  

Re: what did your GUT say about babies' arrival date?

• Options

I swore that my babies were going to come early. I didn't have a particular week in mind but just that they would be early. And as it got later and later in my pregnancy, I starting to get very impatient.

I just had my girls at 38wk2 days (sorry I haven't changed my ticker yet), And they only were born then b/c we went in and got them. I am sure they would have stayed the full 40 weeks. 

Obviously I was way wrong!

• Options

I originally thought they'd be here on June 14, then started thinking June 9.

Sure enough, they arrived on June 9, at 36w3d. My water broke the night before.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The whole time I was pregnant when people asked when I was due I said technically Jan 22 but actually more like Christmas.  Christmas Eve I had a NST they almost took me.  The nurse said because it wasnt dire i could go home and have my holiday but I was to come back on the 26th for a follow up.  they didnt have any appointments the 26 so I got pushed to the 27th.  I wasnt at my appointment on the 27th more then 5 min before they were preping me for my c section. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I guess I'll have to wait and see!  :)

To top it off, ILs will be in California the last week of July and they keep telling me NOT to have the babies then - ummmmm...I'm definitely not the one who planned to be gone when your DIL would be 35 weeks PG with TWINS!   

• Options
    I am 34.5 weeks and feel as though they will come around 36/37 weeks, before my scheduled c-section on 7/28. But I must say, they are showing no signs of leaving any time soon! (which of course is a good thing - I am just excited to meet them!)
  • Options
    OK so I have alot longer to go than all PP, but I'm due Oct. 9 and expect them here Sept. 25.  I think if they decide to come earlier, It would be awesome if they came on Sept 9 (09/09/09!!) but of course I don't wish earliness on my twinsies.
  • Options
    I've had several dreams that the babies show up at 33 weeks, we had a check up today and there is no indication that they will show up within the next week. The doctor thinks we can make it to 35 weeks, which he's happy with, personally 35 weeks has been my goal this whole time and anything after that is a plus. My gut says 35ish weeks, but I'm not positive that will happen. Yes I am uncomfortable and yes I may gripe about it, but I want them to stay in for as long as possible. So I guess we will see.....
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have absolutely no gut feeling which is so difficult because with one, I think I would be able to at least take some comfort in a "feeling" about when they will arrive, if that makes any sense. Not knowing a thing makes me extremely nervous and anxious.  
  • Options
    My OB wanted to schedule my c/s at 37 weeks and she didn't think I'd make it any further than that, but DH and I decided to schedule my c/s at 38 weeks and I knew that they would wait.  I went in for my scheduled c/s at 38 weeks and never had a single contraction!  I honestly think they would have come around 39 weeks if it had been up to them!!! 
  • Options
    I have a feeling that they will be here at 36 weeks - I don't know why. My OB has said that he would let me go to 38 weeks - but not to count on it.
  • Options

I always sort of had a gut feeling I'd make it to my scheduled c/s at 38w.... but I kept telling myself that i was crazy to expect that..... but part of me always felt like I wouldn't have NICU babies and my babies would come right home.  It might have been wishful thinking- but whatever it was - I did make it to that day!! and they did come right home!

that doesn't mean that i wasn't scared every day, and obsessing about my water breaking every minute, from about 27 weeks on! lol

• Options
    I SWORE that I would go to 38 weeks without a hitch... I never had any reason to think otherwise... So, it was a total shock when I was admitted last week, and just had the boys at 32 weeks.  My lesson here, should I ever have anymore kids, is you can only plan so much, and things can change very quickly.
  • Options

imagesfitz0711:
    OK so I have alot longer to go than all PP, but I'm due Oct. 9 and expect them here Sept. 25.  I think if they decide to come earlier, It would be awesome if they came on Sept 9 (09/09/09!!) but of course I don't wish earliness on my twinsies.

My 27w is Sept 7 (labor day, hahaha)  I really want them to come on 9/9/09!  So that is my goal, but any time in Sept. would be good.

My Blog: Say Lucky Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have no real feelings about it... I feel good most days so I'm hoping to get close to 36 weeks! But things can change overnight so I think I should prob work on my hospital bag one of these days just in case...maybe it'll be like an umbrella- it always rains when I forget mine in the car ;).

As for your ILs, that is kind of annoying that they'd say that... mine won't even say when they're going to come visit us/the babies- 'maybe' in October, so don't feel too bad :). haha?

• Options

I have a long way to go yet, but I'd bet that I'm in for a long haul (which is fine with me).  I've got the world's smallest cervix that didn't give an inch with my daughter until an hour before she was born. I'll probably be fighting them not to induce the twins...Though I think alot of the lateness with my first daughter was more mental than anything else. Our house was still under construction. DH had surgery 2 weeks before my due date. I refused to let her out early especially not while there was still a toilet sitting in my living room.

Then again I've been wrong about a lot of things...Life is full of surprises.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"