Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Calling all cosleepers

My DS is almost 2 months old, and we cosleep. I am not worried about transitioning him to his own bed just yet, that can wait until he is older, but I do wonder if I should introduce a bedtime routine. Since he is so new, we pretty much just let him set his own schedule (eating) but once we are in the family bed (which has been quite late, after midnight most nights), he sleeps through the night most of the time.

Soon he will need to go to bed before we do, and I can't nurse him to sleep and then sneak out, (can't leave a 2 month on in a bed by himself, as I have found through 'net research that some others have done/do) to return later when its our bedtime.

*sigh* thinking about sleep routines is stressing me out.

So, to clarify that convoluted message... any other cosleepers have bedtime routines? And what do you do about different bedtimes for you and the kiddo?

Re: Calling all cosleepers

• I breastfeed him to sleep. I am able to leave him in bed and sneak away after waiting for between 5-15 minutes. He usually doesn't wake back up. If he does we just lay with him for a bit and he will usually go back to sleep. He is a big thumb sucker, so that helps!
  • We have a flexible bedtime routine. After all the feeding, bathing, reading, and rocking we put our son to bed in the pack 'n play that is set up in our bedroom. When we go to bed several hours later I pick him up and place him in bed with us. This way he's safe until we are in bed and can place him between us! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • she starts out the night in the pack n play next to our bed and then once we're in bed and she wakes up, she comes into bed with us.

we don't have a routine perse - other than changing her into her jammies and nighttime diaper. I used to nurse her to sleep and then put her in the PNP but lately she hasn't needed it. I put her on my shoulder and she goes out. then I lay her on her tummy in the PNP (she prefers sleeping on her tummy and can roll over/lift her head well enough that it's not a problem). in bed with us she sleeps on her back.

• LLB430LLB430 member
    I have been putting her down in the crib, since about 4ish months, until her first feeding and then bringing her into bed.  We just started a bedtime routine this week and I think it is helping her sleep a longer stretch. Our routine consists of bath, 3 books, rocking, and nursing. I usually have to rock or nurse her to sleep.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I do leave mine on the bed by herself sometimes.  Usually we all go to bed at the same time, but on the weekends, DH and I will sometimes watch a movie or something in the living room.  I keep a fan on to circulate air, move all the pillows and blankets away, put her in the center away from edges (no rolling yet), and turn on the baby monitor.

Call CPS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"