Eco-Friendly Family
Options

anyone drink raw milk?

anyone drink/familiar with raw milk? a co-worker was talking to me about it (she belongs to a cow-share coop). ?she also recommended the book?"The Untold Story of Milk" by Ron Schmid. ?What she was telling me sounded interesting. I (obviously) need to do more investigating as to the benefits/differences between raw and just organic milk. ?she said her DH who is lactose intolerant can drink raw milk. ?i know milk gives DH tummy issues so i was thinking of trying some.?

?

Re: anyone drink raw milk?

• Options
    I would if it was easier to get and cheaper.  The one thing I worry about is listeria but I've read that as long as the cows and farm are kept clean, it's a very low risk.  I have a friend who only drinks raw milk (she has 4 kids, too).  Have you heard of the Weston Price foundation?  that's what she follows.
  • Options
    I used to drink raw milk all the time, cream also forms on the top, perfect for coffee!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mantlemantle member
    We tried it at our CSA a month ago and are thinking about doing a cow share. It tasted fine. It is supposedly has all kinds of good stuff like raw honey. It is just a bit expensive!
  • Options

imagecinderellabella:
    I used to drink raw milk all the time, cream also forms on the top, perfect for coffee!

Our grocery store sell non-homogenized milk, you might check to see if yours does. It would still be safe to drink while pregnant, and have the yummy cream on top 

• Options
    CelynCelyn member
    I've tried it, but it's too expensive for me to switch since I don't drink milk often and half the bottle goes bad before I get to it.
  • Options

I grew up on a dairy farm and was raised on raw milk. I know in NC it is illegal to sell raw milk, although you can find farmers that will sell it to you.

I remember a couple friends getting sick after drinking raw milk at our house. My family was always fine because we had a tolerance for the higher levels of bacteria found in the unpasterized milk. Just a little FYI.

I, personally, do not think raw milk is "dangerous" like many people say. I like to compare it to the kids that live in the "sanitized" world--they always seem to get sick. The more bacteria that is introduced to your system, the more it can handle. Since I was raised on raw milk, my stomach could handle it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"