Parenting
Options

Do you have co-workers as friends on FB?

I am not about it...mainly because I don't want them seeing me b*tch about work all the time and I like to keep my family and private life separate from my job so I've ignored a few friend requests from co-workers lately.

How about y'all? 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome

Re: Do you have co-workers as friends on FB?

• Options
    EMTEMT member
    No, on purpose.
  • Options
    Yes, tons, including the founder and former vice-president of my company, my manager (who is totally cool, so I don't worry about him), and some other higher-ups. I'm pretty careful about what I say on there. I actually have barely posted on there lately.
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nope...I'm not really friends with them.  I do have some former coworkers...good for networking puposes I suppose.  Just a couple of girls I was friendly with outside of work.
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    Too many.  Those would probably be the first people I delete, if I were deleting people.
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options
    Yes.  I have co-workers, ex-co-workers, nesties, high school classmates, college classmates, and then my real friends.  I don't update much, and if I do it's pretty tame.  I'm not too worried.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Yes, I even have my current supervisor and almost the entire HR office at work as my FB friends. My supervisor b!tches about work on FB all the time, LOL. I really don't worry about it though- my general rule of thumb is to never post anything there that I wouldn't want my boss or my great-aunt Mildred to see. I mostly just use it to stay in touch with some friends and to share pictures of the kids with all of my sisters who are spread across the country.
  • Options
    Only about 5 of them, and they are on the same level as I am or below. I watch what I say on there.
  • Options
    I have clients as "friends" on FB, but that's a little different.  I actually joined FB for the business as a marketing and networking tool.  I've since started using it with family and friends, but my first priority was the business.  I'm also fairly careful about what I say on there and what's on my page and everything because I know my clients, their friends, wedding coordinators and potential clients are seeing everything.  It's nice getting to know my clients better and them getting to know me better and that definitely helps me do my job.  It's been great as a marketing tool, but I went on knowing I wanted to use it that way. 
  • Options
    I have a few... but I always watch what I say or what I put on there so I doesn't matter much. 
  • Options
    oh yeah. i work with all my bffs.  there are 11 of us at work (i teach) and five of us have fb.  :)  we <3 fb.
    mom to Noel 3.17.07 Morgan 4.9.08 Taylor 10.27.10 Baby #4 Due in July mc 2.3.06
  • Options
    Yep. ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yup.  In fact it is the main way my boss lets me know about stuff going on!  But I am also a Gymboree teacher and since I teach nights and weekends I don't see anyone very much so that is how we keep in contact.  :-)
    Danielle- Our little boy Garrett Lanigan born on 12-28-06 at 7:39pm weighing in at 7lbs 11oz and 20in long! Clinically Diagnosed with Alagille Syndrome 5/08, genetically confirmed 7/09
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our baby Girl Lillian Mary-Ellen born 5-19-10 at 12:59pm weighing 8lbs 4oz 19in!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Baby #3 on it's way due March 15th, 2012!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Check out my Blog: http://mommymakescents.com
  • Options
    If my coworkers ARE my friends, I have them as friends on FB.  For everyone else, I use linked in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"