Baby Names

back to drawing board for MN

I have posted a lot about a MN for Alayna...my first choice is Alayna Lillian to honor my grandma- dh is not for the mn so much.

Today he suggested Alayna Madalyn ( an ame he has liked but it's the daughter of a good friend- okay for MN use?)

We also discussed Alayna Malia and Alayna Kylie....thoughts?

Last name Wood. 

Re: back to drawing board for MN

• I guess the daugther of your friend is named Madalyn, not actually Alayna Madalyn, right? In that case yes, I think you can absolutely use Madalyn as a middle name.

That brings me to my second point though, I really do not like all those extra y's everyone seems to add. Just spell it Madeline or Madaline (or as I prefer to spell it Madeleine)

• I think it's fine to use it as a mn even if your friend has it as a first name.  I agree that you shoudld go with a more traditional spelling of Madeline since you already have a y in Alayna.  I think Alayna looks fine by itself, but when you add the "y" in Madalyn, it starts looking a little clumsy together.  I like your other 2 options as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually, in my opinion Madalyn and Madeline are different names. Madalyn is pronounced (mad-a-lin) and Madeline is pronounced (mad-a-line). It depends which pronunciation you want. It is like Carolyn and Caroline.
  • ctanactana member
    I am just not wild about the Madalyn spelling....nms.  I love the classic Madeline spelling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejsillyfun:
    Actually, in my opinion Madalyn and Madeline are different names. Madalyn is pronounced (mad-a-lin) and Madeline is pronounced (mad-a-line). It depends which pronunciation you want. It is like Carolyn and Caroline.

EXACTLY! Madayn looks like the way it would sound...too many babies named Madeline but prononced Mad-a-lin...should be Mad -a-line like the old classic books! Hubby now thiinks Alyana Madalyn doesn't flow very well! Grrr! Why is he so opinionated but I am doing all the work. If he doesn't pick ot combos he likes, then he'll jst have to pick from my list! :0) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"