2nd Trimester
Options

Typical week for a baby shower?

Hi! ?I was hoping to find out at what week is it typical to have a baby shower? ?While I know that it may differ for many people, is there a usual time frame that is most common? ?I am guessing sometime after 30 weeks, but I am not sure. ?I am due December 29th which puts me at a busy holiday time, so I am already thinking of a possible shower date. ?Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Typical week for a baby shower?

• Options
    I will be 28w3d for both of mine because I have to travel for them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm having mine this weekend, so I'll be 27 weeks.  We're doing it then because I've got to travel home which is 11 hours away, so we're taking advantage of the holiday weekend.

Another possible date we were thinking about was around 31 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine are at 30 and 34 weeks. With you being close to Christmas, I would try to do them either at the beginning of November so it would be before everyone gets into the holiday season. Of course, you dont always get to choose:)
  • Options
    I am having one of mine early (22 weeks), this is because my best friend wanted to throw one for me but she goes back to work in August. The one my family is trowing will be in September and I will be around 30 weeks.
  • Options
    My friend looked it up in an etiquette book bc she wanted to know when to throw me one and it said 1 to 2 months before the due date, I wish it was sooner :-(. I have already registered for many things and we don't even know the sex yet.
  • Options
    I'm due Dec 18th and my shower is planned for Oct 24.
  • Options

I think its pretty common to have it about 2 months before LO is due.  That gives a pretty good time frame to get everything situated before baby comes and if baby happens to come early you're hopefully still prepared.  I'm due November 5th and looking into the end of August.  We we're going to go into September, but we have a ton of family birthdays that month including mine and it is the start of college football season.  (We live about 5-10 minutes away from the University of Notre Dame and game day/weekend traffic is rediculous, we try to avoid it at all costs!)  So I will probably be about 30-32 weeks for mine!  Hope this helps.

• Options
    I have no idea as mine is a surprise...I'm guessing around 32 weeks or so...with DS #1 they had my shower around 34 weeks about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am having one at 29 (almost 30) weeks & another at 33 weeks. My two family showers (one for mine, one for DH's) will be after the baby's born so they can meet the baby (family is out of town). I want to have the baby's room set & ready to go by 34 weeks.
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    imageMrs.Clash:

(We live about 5-10 minutes away from the University of Notre Dame and game day/weekend traffic is rediculous, we try to avoid it at all costs!)  

UGH!!!  I hadn't even thought of this!!  I live in Austin (UT- grrr) and my mom lives in College Station (Tx A&M)... football is definitely something to consider. 

• Options
    I'll be about 30 weeks.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'll be 25 weeks for my first shower. It's early because I live in Georgia and my family/friends are in Ohio--and it was either than or wait until about 33 weeeks, which would be miserable for a 12 hour car ride.

My other shower is where I currently live, and will be much later, probably around 35 weeks or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dbos99dbos99 member
    Thanks ladies! ?I really appreciate your feedback!
  • Options
    I'm having one at 35 weeks and one at 33 weeks.
  • Options
    I'll be 33 weeks at mine.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    My shower will be when I am 29 weeks 4 days.  It was the only time that the two families could get together so that's when i'm having it. If people are going to be busy with holiday stuff I would just plan it for whenever it works not by how far along you are. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll be 33 weeks for one of mine.  I don't know the date of the other.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"