Austin Babies

We fired the OB today.

We had a great visit with the midwife this morning, and it was just what DH needed to feel comfortable with the idea of a home birth. Honestly, the midwife really didn't tell him much more than I'd already told him, but it's different when it comes from a professional, I guess. Stick out tongue

I had an appointment with Dr. Seeker's nurse today, and with DH's blessing, I told her that we were leaving and would be having a home birth instead. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to know that we've made a decision and we've told the OB clinic and filled out the paperwork to transfer my records. I feel so much better now!

Re: We fired the OB today.

• Congrats on making your decision! I'm glad the visit went well and your DH is on board!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• imageKim777:
    Congrats on making your decision! I'm glad the visit went well and your DH is on board!

+1 to that! ?Just out of curiosity, how did the doctor's office take the news? ?Did they try to talk you out of it, or were they supportive and understanding??

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ablouablou member
    Good for you for being brave enough to do what is best for you and your family!  It couldn't have been easy, but I'm impressed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mcgeemcgee member

I was only scheduled to see the nurse today, so I'm not sure if Dr. Seeker was even there this afternoon. I didn't go into any detail as to why we were leaving even though we did have some complaints about his office. I just said that we'd made the decision to have a home birth with a midwife and that this would be my last appointment. The nurse didn't ask for any explanations and was nice about it. She said that most of this appointment was to talk about pre-registering at the hospital, and since I'd already peed in a cup and had my bp checked, there wasn't much to do except listen to the baby's heartbeat, which she did, and that was about it.

• Cool. I love the idea of a home birth but DH and our insurance company are not on board with that.

I'm a bit worried about complications if we should get pregnant again seeing as how things have not gone well for us so far. So, it will be a hospital birth for us despite my ideal world wish.

I look forward to reading your birth story.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I kind of wish we had done this. ?Good for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome!! I'm so happy that it went well and that you are all set on your new plan!  I'll be eager to hear all about it when the time comes. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"