Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Good baby shower gift or not?!

I am not going off the registry.....

I am bad I know!

But I am getting that inflatable duck tub (that we LOVE) from target and filling it with diapers/wipes/and all bath products J&J and some rubber duckies and bath toys.

I figured I got too much NB stuff and had to buy alot of stuff once the baby was about 6months old so this should help

WDYT?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good baby shower gift or not?!

• Options
    Great idea...I just did this for my bro and his wife.  I mixed regestry stuff in but I was spending a bit more than I normally do because it's my bro.
  • Options

I think the ducky tub is a great idea. And diapers and wipes are practical and useful. But to be honest, I think I might skip the J&J bath products, only because I was so particular about what I used on DD as a newborn and even now. I think a lot of people are. And I got soooo many bath products at my showers, and I used none of them. I actually ended up donating them to a shelter.

But it's a great gift idea and I hope the mom-to-be appreciates it. :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes Yes Yes! Someone did that for me at my shower and I am still using the goodies that were inside!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is a great idea. For one of my good friends I did a bfing survival kit. I bought the things off her registry and all the little things that a new mom wouldn't know she needed:) She tells me all the time how helpful it has been:)
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think its a super sweet idea and in hindsight she will appreciate it, but if you want to make her really happy on the day of her shower, buy what's on her registry. I was so touchy when I was pregnant. When people were like, oh I looked at your registry but got you this instead, I took it as they thought they knew better than me (which they did, but I was a maniac!). You never know she might have that duck and a slew of bath products already at home. Or want to do all organic bath products. Some pregnant ladies are verrrry specific about what they want, especially first time moms.
  • Options

Personally, I much preferred the newborn stuff that I needed right away.  I was worried about that and older stuff wasn't a big deal.  But  I do think its a nice idea, and honestly any gift should be appreciated.

But my one thought would be that you may want to skip the bath stuff. We got a few bottles, and it takes forever to go through it. I think everyone I know got bath stuff/lotion/etc for their shower.  And DD has sensitive skin so we had to buy different stuff anyways.  So if you do get bath stuff, I'd suggest something like cetaphil.  Even if the baby doesn't have sensitive skin it will still work! 

I think my new baby shower gift for people if I don't want to do off the registry (sometimes there just isn't anything in your price range!) is a Happiest Baby on the Block gift.  I got the book and swaddleme for a friend recently.  You could also do sound machine and pacifier. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

My friend created a kind of assortment package for me with the diapers and wipes.  She had left overs from things that she had tried (Target wipes, Kirkland diapers, etc) and so she put in a pack of each one.  It was great to test these out and figure out which ones I loved without committing to those giant boxes.    (example:  I found that I really like the Kirkland brand wipes from Costco but probably never would've tried them since you have to buy them in bulk.)

So that's another idea for you too.  

And I agree with the others, skip the J&J stuff. I got SO MUCH of it at my shower and ended up giving it away because my daughter is too sensitive.  

Oh, and maybe you could still throw in a couple of things from her registry.  Like maybe a towel or washcloth set. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"