Parenting after a Loss

Saying goodbye to more baby items

I'm cleaning like crazy for my IL's arrival tomorrow even though I told DH "If they come, you're cleaning!  I'm not doing anything."  ha, yeah, so here I am cleaning and I just realized there's no longer a need for us to keep a basket of burp cloths on our end table in the living room.

There were days when we went through 5 of those things in a day... and now we occasionally grab 1 for a boogie or something, but rarely for spit up.  I guess considering she's a reflux baby, this is a great thing!

But it still makes me sad.  I also packed her bottle warmer.  I gave up on my microwaving issues... 28 seconds is a heck of a lot faster than the bottle warmer.  And all the pacifiers laying around that she's never been interested in... gone.

I'm starting to feel major sadness over her baby days being halfway over.  Today at work we were talking about when Lilly is back full time in the nursery this September and I realized at that time she'll be almost a year old.   My co-director was like "Don't cry!  You've been doing so well now that you're not pregnant!"

Re: Saying goodbye to more baby items

• It's so sad! I have THREE totes of clothes no longer fit Kailey...and the 4th is almost full!
  • I know what ya' mean... I got teary today at Kohl's when I realized that soon I won't be able to shop in the "baby" section for DD's clothes anymore.  She doesn't need any more 12 month sized clothes, so it's on to the "toddler" section now.  *sniff sniff* Crying
  • Loading the player...
  • We've realized the same thing about burp cloths.  We used to have about 5 or 6 in the diaper bag whenever we left the house, now there are times when we go out and don't have any.  I asked DH for one the other night and he said, "I'm not even sure where they are now that we don't use them daily."  :)

They do grow up so fast.  I've been getting sad about it too. 

• I just replaced the basket we kept in the living room when she was a NB full of diaper changing/first aid stuff and exchanged it with 'big girl' stuff - like her cetaphil cream and wind & weather cream for after her naked time each night.

This weekend we put away the swing, bassinet, bouncy seat, bumbo seats, and some other items - she already has 3 rubbermaids full of clothes she has outgrown :(

It's so sad though!

• I know! I just unpacked a whole bunch of burp cloths. I don't know why I didn't throw them away. I can't remember the last time I used them. If Austin spits up (which is very rare) we just use a paper towel.
  • imageGeminiKMP-C:

I'm starting to feel major sadness over her baby days being halfway over. 

Me too.  I have piles and piles of his itty bitty clothes that I can't give away, his pacis that he hasn't used in 3 months, and he outgrowing the bouncy seat he was so tiny in just six months ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"