Infertility

A Question for any Military Wife/Family

My husband decided to rejoin the military. Can anyone give me some insight on what it is like to be a military wife?

I was a Navy Brat but obviously it is much different. 

TIA!

Re: A Question for any Military Wife/Family

• First of all let me say, "thank you" to both you and your husband for your commitment.  It is definitely a sacrifice for both of you, but one that is rewarding and fulfilling and so worth it in many ways.  Maybe some of the full-time military spouses would have better insight for you as my dh is in the Reserves and has a full-time civilian job, so I don't get the full picture.  You definitely have to be independent and have a strong support system, because deployments are very hard.  Most units have great family support groups.  Good luck to you and please let me know if I can help you in any way. 
  • My Husband was in the Army the first time around. That was before I met him. It is actually funny, I was graduating high school when he was getting out of active duty with the Army and into the Army reserves.

I know that he is going to wonderful. I also know that it is going to be hard because our support system is all over the place. My parents live near us, his parents are 300 miles away. My 3 best friends live in Ca, Ga, and Fl. So I don't know about the support system. But I am hoping that all will go well.  

I am a firm supporter of the military as that is the lifestyle I was born and raised in. I too would like to say thank you to everyone who has ever supported this country so we can do what we do here. 

BTW, on a side note, when ever SeaWorld or Busch Gardens does the stand up and Support our troops I always get choked up. Does that ever happen to anyone else?

• Loading the player...
  • Hey girl. Well there is just SO much really but the way to sum it up is its not a job at all, its a way of life, like you said you have experienced. It is not something you punch out at the end of the day & go home to family, you are 100% goverment property, well your husband is. Its very stable, you always have  housing or money for housing, you have food money, & medical is GREAT! Moving around can be either good or bad. I have enjoyed memories at all of the posts we've been to. We've been to Ft. Carson Colorado, Ft. Knox Kentucky, & Ft. Hood Texas. I am still in my early-mid twenties, so we have experienced alot so far in our 5 yr marriage, but there are SO many memories. I love army life, it really can suck at times & has def. its downfalls, but the pride you have for your husband is indescribable. There is no other life like it at all! Its exciting & interesting. If there are any specific questions you can just page me. My husband's been active duty Army for 6 1/2 yrs, and I've lived it for 5 yrs. I am home now in the "civilian" world in Arizona with family cause my husband is deployed to Iraq, & I miss living my army life, I feel like obviously a part of me is missing because I miss him so much but some of that too is my life is the army & him & right now I do not have either. Page me if you need me, good luck :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"