Baby Names

using Preston (or a form of) for a girl name????

A family name on my husband's side is Preston.  We knew we wanted to incorporate this name with our second child.  Since we found out we are having a girl, we have been trying to decide how to use it.  Right now, our girl name choice is:

Pressley Kathryn

I am still not opposed to actually using Preston as a middle name and coming up with a girly first name.

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Re: using Preston (or a form of) for a girl name????

• I'd vote for using Preston as a middle name over using Presley spelled Pressley as a first name. I really don't care for that spelling.
  • imagethatgirlang:
    I'd vote for using Preston as a middle name over using Presley spelled Pressley as a first name. I really don't care for that spelling.
    me too. what about kathleen preston or caroline preston?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • agreed with PPs.  Choose a nice girly name and go with Preston as the middle name.  Pressley is not good nor does it really pay homage to the name Preston IMHO.
  • imagethatgirlang:
    I'd vote for using Preston as a middle name over using Presley spelled Pressley as a first name. I really don't care for that spelling.

this 

• I would go for the middle name option.
  • Definitely mn Preston. I am super not a fan of Pressley, especially with that spelling. As a mn, it's fine.
  • I really don't like that spelling of Pressley.

Presley is not the same as Preston. Much as I am not a fan of boy's names for a girl, Preston would work as a middle name.  Kathryn Preston sounds just fine.

• What about Kathryn Pressley? I would use Pressley as a middle name. I don't care for Preston for a girl.?
  • I like both Preston and Pressley for a first or middle name.
  • I'd use it as a mn.

Kathryn Presley sounds nice. I don't like the extra s though.

• Pressley is nms. I would go with Preston as a middle name if I HAD to choose one or the other but personally, I don't think Preston is a good girls name at all, first or middle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is the extra 's' a typo? I truly hope so

I do not like Preston for a girl, maybe as a mn with a feminine fn

I do very much like Presley spelled properly though, and I like Katherine as a mn too

Please, please, please spell it Presley Katherine though

• I like Pressley and I also like it spelled like that! I was trying to pick a name for our little girl and I had a ton of people on this board comment on the way I spelled Pressley too. Preston to me sounds like a boy name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"