Trying to Get Pregnant

A couple charting questions

I was wondering if you ladies with more experience could answer a couple questions for me....

1.  I have been putting EWCM on my chart if I see ANY.  However, some days there is just a tad and others there is much more.  Does it matter?  Am I doing this correctly?

2.  Today, for instance, I woke up about an hour before I usually temp.  I tossed and turned a little then we back to sleep.  When my alarm went off an hour later I temped.  Should I have taken it when I woke up the first time?  I made it an open circle because I wasn't sure how accurate this is.  What do you all do in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: A couple charting questions

• I?m not an expert by any means but I record EWCM every time I see any of it. I?m not sure about the temp question though. I may be doing it wrong, but I temp when I wake up if I know I wont get another 3 hours of sleep before my usual temping time. HTH!
    ~Mrs. J~ "Well behaved women rarely make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
  • Well I will know better next time I wake up early.  Thank you both!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekdodge423:

You are supposed to mark the most fertile CM you have all day, even if it is just for a short while.

Yes, you should have taken it the first time. When you took it you need to mark sleep deprived because you did not have three hours of consecutive sleep prior to temping.

This, though I consistently wake up every few hours during the night, even if it is just to roll over.  Since this is normal for me, I only mark sleep deprived if I woke up within an hour or two of my normal time and don't fully fall back to sleep.  It just keeps me consistent in how I temp.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Great questions! I have wondered that same kind of stuff myself.  Glad you asked them!
  • imagekdodge423:

Yes, you should have taken it the first time. When you took it you need to mark sleep deprived because you did not have three hours of consecutive sleep prior to temping.

even if you are just kind of half awake and don't get up?  I just finished reading TCOYF, so I know I should be taking my temps within a 1 hour range.  What is your choice if you wake up less than 3 hours before normal time-temp then and be out of range, or temp at normal time and indicate sleep deprived? (my goal is to temp when my alarm goes off, regardless of whether I actually get up or not, and I know one or two out of range temps isn't a big deal, but I do tend to toss at night) 
  • imageakaluttenberger:
    imagekdodge423:

even if you are just kind of half awake and don't get up?  I just finished reading TCOYF, so I know I should be taking my temps within a 1 hour range.  What is your choice if you wake up less than 3 hours before normal time-temp then and be out of range, or temp at normal time and indicate sleep deprived? (my goal is to temp when my alarm goes off, regardless of whether I actually get up or not, and I know one or two out of range temps isn't a big deal, but I do  tend to toss at night) 

I am usually half awake when I temp at 5am. FF will give you an open circle if the temp isn't inside 30 minutes of the original time.

Bottom line, you simpy have to figure out a way to get it at the same time every day after the 3 hour sleep block. Otherwise, ff can't do it's thing.

• As long as I'm not getting up and walking around...I've find my temps hold steady. You'll eventually get a feel for how your body reacts. I take it at the same time every day...and it seems to hold steady regardless of whether I've gotten 3+ hours, woken up and fallen back asleep several times, or temped an hour earlier then normal...so I don't stress over it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"