Baby Names

What do you think..

My cousin's husband is named Isaac and we wanna name our little one that if its a boy. We just saw them for the first time in 4yrs again and they dont call him Isaac they call him Ike. I didnt even realize that Isaac was his name until I mentioned the name we liked for a boy. Do you think it would be wrong of me to name my little one that if it is a boy? I know my cousin has beef with my other cousin for naming her girl Mikka and she claims its to close to her daughters name Mckayla.. !! lol I dont see that but whatever.

Just looking for your thoughts on this would you go ahead with the name?

TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: What do you think..

• I think it's fine for you to name him Isaac. It's not like Ike owns the name!

I wanted to name my daughter Ava since I was 16 but by the time DD rolled around my cousin had a 1 yo named Ava so we skipped it. But I don't think it would have been wrong to name Teagan "Ava."

• EmmieBEmmieB member

I think it's fine. Especially since you'd chosen the name before you knew and it sounds like you don't see them that often.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be flattered if someone named their child the my name but I would be irritated if someone named their child the same name as my child. I don't think she should be upset but it sounds like your cousin is a bit hyper sensitive.
  • Especially considering they aren't cousins you often see, I wouldn't hesitate using Isaac, which is a great name.
  • I'd still use it. I love the name Isaac.
  • imagejsillyfun:
    I'd still use it. I love the name Isaac.

This. Great name!?

• I don't see the issue. I have people in my fam with the same name. It isn't like he owns that name. Plus, you obviously don't see them very often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Go for it. You haven't seen these people in 4 years. They obviously aren't an integral part of your lives and them being pissed at you won't really have any impact!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I would absolutely still use it! It sounds like you rarely see the cousin/cousin's dh, plus he doesn't even go by Isaac. If you love it, use it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I would name him Isaac, especially since you never see them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"